Anyone still playing in 2018?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Anyone still playing in 2018?

User Info: mitchells2003

mitchells2003
5 months ago#21
You need to delete a file then start a new game. It'll give you the option to input that horrendously long password.
"Do you have any idea what irony is?" - Blackadder
"Yeah, it's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron." - Baldrick

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
5 months ago#22
Peternurick posted...
I've completed Golden Sun and got a gold transfer password, but when I bought a copy of the lost age, how do you INPUT the gold password? I've got the option of "continue" or "erase" but no idea how to get to a screen where I can put in a password. Can anyone help?!

What exactly is a gold transfer password? Are there different levels?
My video game remixes/arrangements (mostly Golden Sun & Pokemon):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVwSht-blOhA2JE_re_qegg

User Info: White Eagle

White Eagle
5 months ago#23
Silver and Bronze are shorter and give you less stuff like items from your GS save.
Detroit Red Wings
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/108545331.jpg

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
5 months ago#24
White Eagle posted...
Silver and Bronze are shorter and give you less stuff like items from your GS save.

Gold transfers pretty much both the bronze and silver plus more. Ideally, the best and easiest transfer is with the GBA Link Cable which won't work with the Wii U Virtual Console.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
5 months ago#25
I have not played in a while, but the longer you wait in between plays, the better the music sounds when you do play. :D
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
5 months ago#26
BrianCraigSmith posted...
White Eagle posted...

Gold transfers pretty much both the bronze and silver plus more. Ideally, the best and easiest transfer is with the GBA Link Cable which won't work with the Wii U Virtual Console.

I'm starting to have a vague recollection of this; I have a feeling I just assumed that it was worth sacrificing a few minutes of playtime to get all my items transferred across, and never considered using the other two.
Theme for Garoh, played on real flutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-si9btivHnE

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
5 months ago#27
satoka-eldon posted...
BrianCraigSmith posted...
White Eagle posted...

I'm starting to have a vague recollection of this; I have a feeling I just assumed that it was worth sacrificing a few minutes of playtime to get all my items transferred across, and never considered using the other two.

But if you used a gold password, you can use the password generator to hack in items you would not normally be able to get otherwise, like 30x Stat bonus items and Ninja Sandals.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
5 months ago#28
Main reason to use a gold password outside of generated/"cheat" passwords is if you want the Cleric's Ring and Elven Shirt in TLA. Those two have unique effects, for pretty much everything else you can get the same stuff or better. However, if you bothered to get the special boots/shirts or Feathered Robes, then transferring those might actually save some time.

Stat boosters would be another reason, if you want to use them on TLA characters. If you used them on the GS1 characters though, silver password will still transfer the stats. There's also a bit of an exploit regarding character stats with the bronze password, since their level gets transferred, but even at lower levels they'll have the stats of level 28 characters.

Bronze password transfers what's arguably the most important; djinn, optional psynergy items, and events.

User Info: MindGames_X

MindGames_X
5 months ago#29
I just finished Dark Dawn this month after... 8 years in my backlog. It was so awful I am considering restarting TLA just to see if I liked the series out of nostalgia or it was just a better game.

Which I hope it's true. Yeah, TLA feels sillier to me than how awesome it was when I played as a kid, has a crapton of dialogue, but so far it's at least harder. Glad to see this is one of those single player games that survive the times. I remember Golden Sun was the reason I bought a GBA so long ago back in 2001. But I've never played TLA after 2008.

Also, is there a way to sequence break events in TLA without plain cheating? Never tried this.

User Info: TidalDream

TidalDream
5 months ago#30
yea gs does have a lot of dialog, but only a few portions are truly just filler
So you're going all out. You're betting everything in one strike.
What courage. What a bold decision. I like that, but it is a foolish mistake against me.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Anyone still playing in 2018?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived