• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Short stick FTW.
Cm.FoR3VeR
Proud member of the Chaos Coalition www.chaoscoalition.net

User Info: zack6pack

zack6pack
12 years ago#492
(which you can't even use at level 47...?).

you can after you beat Dullahan. i was only able to beat him, because he didn't use Djinn storm not 1 time o_O. Thank you for your help aku chi. I will try that (after I get to 54 and use the RNG)
Put GOD first in your life. I got 12 moderated messages in 2 days. Go me!

User Info: PlastoMem

PlastoMem
12 years ago#493
thank u this helped many thanks

:)

User Info: MileRun

MileRun
12 years ago#494
I'm impressed. There are seven posts left in the topic (six after my post), but it's still going at a fairly regular pace. On any other board, this would've been a race to 500.
Only losers sig their own quotes! - Me
...you copy vacuum cleaners. [...]Because you both suck. - NGW

User Info: Kadano

Kadano
12 years ago#495
After a lot of playing around, I stick to this setup. I change the characters a lot so I don't write their names, but the order is always Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Isaac/Felix: Ronin
Garet/Jenna: Radiant (It's not that bad)
Ivan/Sheba: Pure Mage
Mia/Piers: Luminier (Stat-wise, it's only inferior to other classes as it has a lot less PP)(He has the Venus-djinn Granit, the water Aura djinn and the fire Aura djinn, so he can aura your team very often)(probably it's better to put him to the second team so that every team has Break)

Isaac/Felix: Meister
Garet/Jenna: Ronin
Ivan/Sheba: Pure Mage
Mia/Piers: Pure Mage
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The only problem of this team is that none of the strong classes (Venus&Mars) has a revive psynergy so you have relky on your djinni.
But on the other hand, you have three Pure Mages, which is arguably the best Jupiter/mercury class. The second team could not be better imo, I totally dislike the item classes.
The first team is of course sort of a compromise. The Venus and Jupiter adepts have the best classes (I don't see a quality difference between Master and Ronin, if you really need the stat enhance you can use the Ronin, but since Break it's become quite useless), but Radiant is definitely not as good as Ronin/Master. But afaik there is no possibility of having all 4 strong Adepts as Master/Ronin (except you hack) anyway, so it's a good choice.
Paladin have about 10% more than Radiants on every stat but no Break. I think it's quite important to have Break in every team so I don't want to replace it with Paladin.
As always, Piers is kind of the weak link. He's got no good classes, but at least Luminier's defense and attack are top. And he can heal and revive and cure.

@ aku chi: How is Excalibur overrrated? It has the highest peak damage out of all weapon unleashes in the game. If you equip Mythril set and Riot Gloves etc., its rate goes to (almost?) 100% (for me, it's a long time since it did only 1x dmg with the unleash).
The team:
Level 46 Sheba ---> Wizard ( 7 Mercury, 2 Jupiter )
Level 46 Piers ---> Oracle ( 7 Venus, 2 Mercury ) (from Shaman)
Level 46 Garet ---> Ronin ( 5 Venus, 4 Jupiter )
Level 47 Isaac ---> Chaos Lord ( 7 Mars, 2 Venus ) (from Necromage)

Level 45 Jenna ---> Master ( 4 Venus, 5 Jupiter ) (from Ronin)
Level 46 Felix ---> Master ( 4 Mars, 5 Jupiter )
Level 46 Ivan ---> Wizard ( 7 Mercury, 2 Jupiter ) (from Pure Mage)
Level 47 Mia ---> Guru ( 2 Mercury, 7 Mars )

I think that Wizard and Guru aren't great classes, just ok.

Guru has no Revive.
Wizard has no Cure abilities and no Revive.
But altogether it's still a great team, I think.

User Info: aku_chi

aku_chi
12 years ago#496
How is Excalibur overrrated? It has the highest peak damage out of all weapon unleashes in the game.

Yes. Perhaps I didn't represent myself well. The Excalibur is tied for the second best weapon in the game (behind the Sol Blade). However, the Tisiphone Edge is equally good. The Excalibur has a couple more points in base attack and unleash damage but the Tisiphone Edge has a slightly better multiplier distribution. Therefore, it is not always the case that you should give Isaac/Felix, Garet, and Piers the Excalibur. The Tisiphone Edge is more effective if the user has more Earth Power than Wind Power. I made a mistake or two in my last post about when to use the Excalibur.

Here are my recommendations for what weapon to use based on class (btw, Jenna should always equip the Tisiphone Edge):

Slayer (13 earth, 0 wind) - Use Sol Blade or Tisiphone Edge
Hero (0 earth, 0 wind) - Cry. Then use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge
Admiral (0 earth, 0 wind) - Use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge or maybe even the Masamune.

Chaos Lord (7 earth, 0 wind) - Use Sol Blade or Tisiphone Edge
(earth) Conjurer (7 earth, 7 wind) - Use any of the three weapons
(fire) Conjurer (0 earth, 7 wind) - Use the Excalibur
Protector (7 earth, 0 wind) - Use Sol Blade or Tisiphone Edge
Radiant (0 earth, 0 wind) - Use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge

Oracle (7 earth, 0 wind) - Use the Tisiphone Edge
Guru (0 earth, 0 wind) - Use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge
Wizard (0 earth, 7 wind) - Use the Excalibur

Master (4/5 earth, 5 wind) - Use any of the three weapons
Ronin (5 earth, 4 wind) - Use any of the three weapons or the Darksword for Quick Strike
Paladin (4/5 earth, 0 wind) - Use Sol Blade or Tisiphone Edge

Dark Mage (5 earth, 4 wind) - Cry. And then use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge
Pure Mage (4 earth, 5 wind) - Use the Excalibur or Tisiphone Edge
Warlock (0 earth, 4 wind) - Use the Excalibur

Necromage (3/5 earth, 3 wind) - Equip the Darksword for Call Dullahan.
Beast Lord (3/5 earth, 3 wind) - Use any of the three weapons or the Darksword for Ghost Soldier
Acrobat (3/5 earth, 3 wind) - Cry. Then use any of the three weapons

If you can, make sure you have at least one person with the Excalibur in each party to deal good wind damage (Call Dullahan and Quick Strike also work for this purpose).

Guru has no Revive.

True. But it has no earth elemental levels, so how could you expect it to? But it is the only class with Pure Wish, Break, Cure Poison, Restore, and Freeze Prism. It is also the most defensive healer class. In my opinion, Guru Mia is almost as good as Pure Mage Mia.

Wizard has no Cure abilities and no Revive.

Again, it has no earth elemental levels... so no Revive. It doesn't have Cure Poison or Restore but it does have Break and Impact, which is more than the Pure Mage can say. It also has considerably higher Agility, ensuring that you can heal first. Again, I think Wizard Sheba/Ivan is just as good as Pure Mage Sheba/Ivan.

Perhaps if you changed some of you Pure Mages to Wizards and/or Gurus you would have more earth djinn for a Chaos Lord and you wouldn't have to force a Radiant and a Luminier for Break...

BTW, I prefer the following parties with my recommended class setup:
First Party - Wizard Sheba, Chaos Lord Felix, Master Isaac, Guru Mia / Ronin Garet
Second Party - Wizard Ivan, Master Jenna, Oracle Piers, Ronin Garet / Guru Mia

In this way, each party has Revive and Break. If Guru Mia is in the first party then both parties have Cure Poison/Restore also. Ronin Garet is the only dedicated stat upper but both Wizards have (High) Impact, the most important stat upping psynergy. If Garet is in the second party he can use the Darksword Quick Strike setup to deal good wind damage. My only trouble with this team is the lack of a third reviver. But you can't have everything in one class setup...

User Info: gokugohangoten

gokugohangoten
12 years ago#497
Tagging a great informative topic while I still can.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullcrap!
"If he gets us killed in here I'm going to kill him." - Wrex from ME.

User Info: SpyForHire

SpyForHire
12 years ago#498
Great job!
Money speaks a thousand languages.

User Info: Tucker_BA

Tucker_BA
12 years ago#499
Oh lawd, 499. Maybe if Camelot saw how long this topic took to complete, they'd start on a new GS?
Brawl FC: 1848-1425-1927
Just wanna have some fun!

User Info: SpyForHire

SpyForHire
12 years ago#500
*Removes hat* Epicly long topic....

R.I.P
~ S4H
Money speaks a thousand languages.
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A