• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladius
  3. My search for a Galdr

User Info: NibelungValesti

NibelungValesti
1 year ago#1
I posted long time ago about my weird experience outside of Sloan Forest, but I couldn't add more replies just now since it's been archived. Thus this new thread.

I've been trying to find a galdr ever since I became aware that there was equipment for them and have done some silly things while running around on the map. What happened that time did happen, the whole fireworks and words happening. I've managed to do that same thing several times in my searching during my playthrough with Ursula and at the very first region before you go to Imperia. You can try it yourselves if you want to. I usually run around as fast as I can on the very edge of the cliff, as if wanting to fall into the water as the boat goes right by, but I do press O and X while doing this. Ursula won't fall, and now that I think about it after having seen it several times, perhaps it is not fireworks, but rather more like a dizzy effect from her from all the fast running or from the idea of falling into the ocean.

Anyway, I'll continue my search for a Galdr doing this and that. I know people have said they are not recruitable, and I can understand why... the whole Ursula storyline. But that equipment... lol, it's what keeps me trying. I'll just keep at it on my spare time. Maybe one day there will be a way to recruit one, be it by code or personal finding. If I stumble upon new finds I will post about it. For now I felt like replying to my old thread and clear some things up.
~ My Pawn - Drizzt (Strider) Level 70 (100) ~

User Info: SeiK0

SeiK0
1 year ago#2
There is no conventional way to recruit a galdr. But due to the many glitches in this game, there might be some unconventional ways. One could try to recruit almost all gladiators and release them afterwards. This COULD add gladiators to the recruit office, that shouldn't be allowed to recruit. There was a short discussion about it a few months ago somewhere in this board.

Don't expect to find new recruits in the wilderness league. It might be possible to find recruitable gladiators there, that you've released before, but in the in game datas there aren't any recruits implemented in that "league". Although it might work if combined with the previous theory.

I don't know what's wrong with that boat you've mentioned. It sounds interesting but I highly doubt that it will help you recruit a galdr.

If you wanna play as a galdr you can also charm one with Eiji. Of course, you can only control her for one battle but it is very funny and they have a lot of skills, that they never use when controlled by the CPU. You really should try that if you haven't already before.

And yeah, it's really strange, that you can find various galdr equipment in the game. But since there is some other stuff that isn't that well implemented in this game I wouldn't draw any conclusion just because of that.

User Info: bladerx25

bladerx25
1 year ago#3
SeiK0 posted...
One could try to recruit almost all gladiators and release them afterwards. This COULD add gladiators to the recruit office, that shouldn't be allowed to recruit. There was a short discussion about it a few months ago somewhere in this board.

That sounds very interesting! Could you give the link to that post? What kind kind of gladiators you can recruit?

Abot the Galdr thing... My theory is that the game was rushed and never completed... You probably suppose to be able to recruit a Galdr, that is why you can find equipment for them, but sadly they never made one recruitable

SeiK0
1 year ago#4
@bladerx25 : It was a very brief theory that I had in my Datamining topic:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/561333-gladius/77069110

The discussion started at Post 18 and my theory was the following (Post 21), which was only about expelling & re-recruiting:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/561333-gladius/77069110/910389569

Then at post 34 @LonerwolfM asked about recruiting a gladiator, which we shouldn't be able to recruit:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/561333-gladius/77069110/912340067

Since he has expelled & re-recruited many gladiators, this could be the cause for this glitch. But it's only a theory which has absolutely no proof. But if someone wants to test it out, this would be very interesting.

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
1 year ago#5
I have said this before but IMHO the reason for the Galdr equipment is extra items to sell for cash afterwards. I have in variouls play-thru's recieved various Galdr Masks, I have also received some of the Dark Legionaire equipment as well which is also basically unequipable.

One accessory that can be troublesome to find but can be equipped is the Voodoo Doll that adds Dark Affinity for Taitleach. Either that Voodoo Doll or the Heart Star is all I typically equip on Taitleach anymore
GT LONER WOLF - Makoto, GT LONER WOLF 02 - Yata. Feel free to send 1 or both FR if need be:~) Enjoy ! Hopefully that message doesnt need retyped :~}

User Info: bladerx25

bladerx25
1 year ago#6
@SeiK0 I will read you're Data mining post later, ty for share that informaciĆ³n.

User Info: NibelungValesti

NibelungValesti
1 year ago#7
Thanks for replying, folks. I will try that theory or method myself. I am at the Steppes, but I guess I can start a new Ursula quest just for that. So this is what I'll do starting today:

Recruit gladiators and then kick them out in different towns, but not in the wilderness leagues since there aren't too many there anyway, I've only recruited that lvl 20 mongrel.

If you have any questions or wish for me to test stuff out with certain gladiators while doing this, just let me know.

I'll report what I find out from doing that.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely be charming a galdr with Eiji, just to be able to use one .

SeiK0
1 year ago#8
NibelungValesti posted...
Recruit gladiators and then kick them out in different towns, but not in the wilderness leagues

As far as I know it shouldn't really matter where you expel them. IIRC you can even expel them in the world map. Maybe you could try to expel a big group of gladiators in the same town, since this might lead to some other unexpected behaviour of the game datas.

So, if you really wanna mess around with the game datas, I'd suggest the following:
1) Recruit every single gladiator possible and release the ones you don't wanna keep in your school.
2) Try to release 9 or 17 (or even 33) in the same town. Memories usually store 2^x values, so if you release 8+1, 16+1 (or 32+1) gladiators in the same town, it MIGHT lead to some strange stuff.
3) Release the rest in different towns. You can even release some in the wilderness league or on the world map. Again, try to release 17+ or 33+ if possible.

And you might want to get some Undead Melees and release them as well. IIRC you can always get a new one (or at least 2 in every region) if you've expelled your previous one. But to be honest, I've never tested that one.

I really have no idea how the in game memory for expelled gladiators work, but this might work. Or maybe it makes the game crash. You have been warned. :-)

So if you find some gladiators that you think you shouldn't be able to recruit (like the peltast in nordagh), please let us know.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladius
  3. My search for a Galdr
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A