• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia
  3. Lloyd's soul-mate *Possible Spoilers*

User Info: BowserCuffs

BowserCuffs
12 years ago#21
And who says that Zelos gets paired with Lloyd?
Never heard anything of Male-Friendship?

The Japanese version seems to hint that Zelos has a thing for Lloyd, although Lloyd's various facial expressions and emotes seem to indicate that Lloyd not only does NOT return the affections, but is in fact irritated by them.

(By the way, to anyone who says that Zelos cannot be into Lloyd because he chases after women... look up the word "bisexual".)

Still, I read the fanfics sometimes and they can get quite ludicrous. Even more ludicrous than ludicrous speed.

Now, GenisxLloyd... there's a scary pairing ._.
I'm a gamer and attracted to people of the same sex. I guess that makes me a... (see quote)
Currently playing: FF8, Sly Cooper 2, PSO:BB, RO

User Info: wasteofbreadth

wasteofbreadth
12 years ago#22
Yeah, I don't really get the Lloyd/Genis pairing either. what I thought was weirdest was actually watching the Flanoir scene between Presea and Lloyd in the second game. I am aware of her 'situation' and all, but I dunno, it still struck me as odd. I mean, if they are in a relationship, well, one would assume that they would eventually be bumping uglies and she has the body of a kid.

BowserCuffs
12 years ago#23
LloydxPresea...

As someone commented on this pairing once, "Who is the older one in the relationship?"

Hearing Lloyd IMMEDIATELY defend himself to Emil was kinda funny, though.

Raine's DotNW Flanoir scene was kinda mind-bending, too. It felt almost out of character for Lloyd.

Regardless... I'm still tempted to get DotNW... when it's dropped down in price a bit more.
I'm a gamer and attracted to people of the same sex. I guess that makes me a... (see quote)

User Info: MetroidXPS

MetroidXPS
12 years ago#24
"what I thought was weirdest was actually watching the Flanoir scene between Presea and Lloyd in the second game. I am aware of her 'situation' and all, but I dunno, it still struck me as odd. I mean, if they are in a relationship, well, one would assume that they would eventually be bumping uglies and she has the body of a kid."

You realize this is coming from Japan, the capital country of weirdness.
Look, I ain't some tasty-lookin' burrito sittin' on the side of the road, but you gotta take me with you!

User Info: Huff n puff 20

Huff n puff 20
12 years ago#25

The Japanese version seems to hint that Zelos has a thing for Lloyd

Japanese first only. And it's only very minor. In the end it does come down to a case of Stupid Yaoi Fangirls. (Of course, stupid Yaoi Fangirls is a case of Department of Redundancy Department, because "Stupid" is already part of "Yaoi Fan")
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/Airship_Canon/Sub%20Album%201/IMG_0506.jpg
"Sonic's too slow!"- Traitor to Heaven.

User Info: metriodfan2

metriodfan2
12 years ago#26
i could kind of see zelos being into guys as well but i dont see him being interested in Lloyd. they just dont seem to have that type of connection.

also, there are some fangirls out there who love the Regal x Lloyd and Kratos x Lloyd. first one is creepy but the second one is just insanely creepy.
and the regrettable Noishe x Lloyd (i wish i never read that fan fiction. it will haunt my dreams always)
Math is like sex. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you don't multiply.~ S. Arena

BowserCuffs
12 years ago#27
i could kind of see zelos being into guys as well but i dont see him being interested in Lloyd. they just dont seem to have that type of connection.

Let's see...

1. Trying to hug Lloyd after Lloyd asked him to cook curry
2. Hugging Lloyd from behind (much to Lloyd's annoyance) before the infamous reveal of Lloyd's father
3. Random "mudboat" z-skit.

Three things I can think of from the English version. Men don't usually hug each other LIKE THAT, so the "just friends" theory is a little shakey. And like I said, Lloyd tends to get a little annoyed by this stuff, indicating he doesn't actually return the favor.

I still enjoy the pairing, though, if it's done well and doesn't try to insist that it's the actual canon... I think getting offensive about fiction regarding fictional characters is taking things a little too seriously.

User Info: Pinkemon

Pinkemon
12 years ago#28
^From what I've read, a guy hugging another guy is normal in Japan.

So is wearing pink.
"How about you chop it up and trademark your own Starly Salsa? Mild is my favorite spice-level of salsa. Do that. DO IT" -aardwolf249

BowserCuffs
12 years ago#29
There's a difference between how a guy hugs another guy and how Zelos hugs Lloyd.

Even so, you may have a point.

I do find it funny that in response to yaoi based on two guys being more in each other's personal space, people talk about "Guys being friends", and yet in today's society, if two guys actually WERE like that, they'd be ridiculed by the same people.

User Info: metriodfan2

metriodfan2
12 years ago#30
i still think zelos only did that with Lloyd because he knew he was the only one who he could do it to.

if he tried to hug presea, he'd be a burnt crisp in 2 seconds flat (genis fireball)
hugged sheena, hed be in a coma for a month
hugged with raine, coma for 2 months
hugged with genis, see results for presea
hugged collete, he may get away with it or hed get stabbed by Lloyd
hugged regal, would soon realize how awkward it looks and would hit himself from shock.

obviously these are more likely made up reasons but you can expect that only regal and lloyd would let it happen and regal x zelos looks more creepy then zelos hugging lloyd.
Math is like sex. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you don't multiply.~ S. Arena
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia
  3. Lloyd's soul-mate *Possible Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A