• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill 3
  3. Starting playing this again, loving it. Spoilers.

User Info: LogosNakiWorld

LogosNakiWorld
4 years ago#1
Oh man, the memories. I played this game and the rest of the series constantly years ago. I think I made it up to extreme difficulty 3? I still remember all the answers to the puzzles, but time has made me forgotten allot of the level layouts and monsters so it's all kind of fresh again. I love it, such a good game. Don't see how I never hated the camera though haha, but no big deal there. So anyone want to help me drum up excitement while I play? Also, what are some things I may miss? Currently, I'm about to fight the missionary (?) boss, after where you reach poor old Harry. Ten years later, and I still firmly believe Harry would've annihilated that thing in a fair fight. With just a lead pipe.

I'm playing the version released on the Playstation 2, same one I've always had. So much nostalgia! Claudia's absent eyebrows, Douglas's bad voice acting (rip), and even the annoying pinwheels. I love it all.

One thing I don't want to miss is all the descriptive text which can only be seen once, such as when you examine the wheelchair reference for session 9. Guess I'll look around for a f.a.q. on that. Another thing, is there anymore story behind the ghost in the subway besides the newspaper article? That whole side of the subway is optional, and I always thought that was a cool little addition. I remember it creeped me out so much as a kid that I for awhile I avoided it all together, haha.

Not expecting much here, I know this board is pretty much dead these days. nothing like it used to be. Anyone else out there going to Silent Hill once more?
You are staring into the pixels of moral decay.
3ds friend code: 2938 9029 9074

LogosNakiWorld
4 years ago#2
Talking to myself here, but thinking about Harry's death; it had to have been an ambush. Or some surprise attack. Any ideas on what actually went down? I bet this wasn't the first time that the cult came after Harry/Heather either, I bet Harry took care of things and then covered it up so Heather wouldn't remember. He's just too seasoned since the first game, and for seventeen years he raised Heather without a single attempt by the cult at regaining her? I'd love to know how things really went down, but I guess I never will.

Someone pointed out on this board a long time ago that it looks like Harry gave his assailant the finger before he died, and it really looks that way to me as well.

LogosNakiWorld
4 years ago#3
Made it to the hospital last night, can't play as frequently as I used too.

After you find the wheel chair in the basment of the normal hospital, that's easily one of my favorite points in the game.
You hear it's wheel spinning further down the hall, but you get distracted by the clip of submachine gun ammo in the middle of the hall. Then you walk a bit further and find the bloody wheelchair with the carnage including a bloody trail with handprints of someone being drug around the corner, and into the elevator shaft. The wall's totally shot up, and you find the submachine gun next to the elevator, like it was someone's last stand. The wheel of the wheelchair slowly stops spinning when you walk up to as well, so you know everything had to have gone down not long before you arrived.

Freaking awesome, always creeped me out a little bit.

User Info: SHOKANSTEIN

SHOKANSTEIN
4 years ago#4
I remember the first time I played through the game, I was completely expecting something to come lumbering around the corner at me after looking at the wall
nm|_(||O_O||)_|mn
http://fuee.deviantart.com | vita solari sustentata luce simul cum sole moritur

LogosNakiWorld
4 years ago#5
I'm not alone!

Yeah, it's almost creepier how nothing happens. After all the suspense the first time I didn't know what to expect. I thought something was going to come at me from the elevator for sure.

User Info: emt1306

emt1306
4 years ago#6
First time I played this game was about a week after my dad died, I wanted to escape reality for a bit. I got to the scene where Heather finds Harry dead and I just kind of laughed because my escape just reminded me of how I felt. Obviously my dad wasnt killed by a cult, but I think the point stands. Amazing game, but playing it it brings back some memories
Don't get so excited you don't survive

User Info: L0STiNReM

L0STiNReM
4 years ago#7
I just dusted off my ps2 cause I wanted to play silent hill 3. I'm amazed it still works..it looks so beat up lol.

Silent hill 3 is my favorite in the whole series, and my favorite survival horror game, AND breaks my top 5 games ever..for me. To this day the battle music sounds when you encounter an enemy STILL fills me with an unease and sense of industrial dread. Its also one of the bloodiest silent hills. The otherworld is just ooozing with gore and..dare i say it....i think Valtiel..i think thats his name, the valve turner..is way more creepier then pyramid head.

I really have no bad things to say about silent hill 3.. Its like my desert island game. The replayability factor is high and theres alot of extras to get, and the ranking system is excellent.

Oh yeah, and heather is an awesome protagonist and is just sexy..in a rusty silent hill kinda way.

Just felt like sharing my love for this awesome game, and just an awesome series.
Also...
I can kill you with my brain...

User Info: TwistedDarkKane

TwistedDarkKane
4 years ago#8
One day i will have the guts to play horror games, and have fun with Silent Hill, Siren, Haunting Ground and Fatal Frame.........but that day will not be today LOOOOL.
Seriously, i can't move a step if i get scared on those games, then i just quit LOL.

Strangely, i can watch horror movies at mid night while eating something, so what the heck? HUEHUEHEUHEU
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill 3
  3. Starting playing this again, loving it. Spoilers.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A