• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  3. Best Badges Optimization

User Info: Liikala

Liikala
3 years ago#1
Hi! For the fun and challenge of it, I'm working on the project of optimizing all of the best badges throughout both normal and star tournament, and seeing just how far I can go. I'll be doing this without any use of GBA characters or clubs, partially for simplicity, but also for accessibility, so these aren't truly maxed out.

I've seen various videos and posts of other feats like speedrunning, 100% completion, unlocking Ace, etc, and I think this challenge will be unique and also a lot of fun. It'd be interesting to see what a player could also achieve with all of the GBA characters and clubs as well, but I won't be doing that.

Any sort of competitive play of Toadstool Tour is extremely niche, let alone current activity, so I figured this would be the best place to write about my progress and strategy discussion. Maybe a few of the well-known top players will stumble upon this, or others will enjoy reading it anyway. Could be fun to look back on years from now for those that randomly end up here.

Here's a quick video on where I'm starting from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoVwKPADfmM

And here's a spreadsheet on the best badges: http://i.imgur.com/rljfxsk.png

The easy stuff is simply getting birdies on every hole, and then eagles on each par 5. I think after that I'll work on a variety of hole-in-ones on par 3s, eagles on par 4s, and albatrosses on par 5s. And from there are mostly the god shots that are on the brink of being mathematically possible. I'm not sure how many of those I'll go for, as most of them require absurdly good luck with wind speed, wind direction, pin location, lie factor (though technically not random I believe), as well as making sick shots. I also did rough out if they're possible through training, but I'll re-evaluate if they can actually be done in the tournaments as not all pins are always available, what the maximum wind speeds are, etc.

I'll keep posting updates on my progress and see just how far I can take this!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  3. Best Badges Optimization
  • Topic Archived