• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
  3. Has anyone tried playing this game on a Wii?

User Info: QuietStorm75

QuietStorm75
12 years ago#1
Can you use the wiimote, control pad, or hori stick with this game?
Propaganda is propaganda, no matter its form. Most aren't aware that they themselves have succumbed to it.

User Info: PsychoKilla666

PsychoKilla666
12 years ago#2
I'd rather know if it still works online

User Info: nyhustler208

nyhustler208
12 years ago#3
u can play this game online?
"Nintendo Forever"
Switch Friend Code: .::SW-1411-5385-1530::.

User Info: Lenoh

Lenoh
12 years ago#4
Not this particular version, but IIRC on the Xbox version there was online
This is my story. And you're not part of it.
PSN: Lenohyouki | Telegram: @Lenoh

User Info: Zefiro

Zefiro
12 years ago#5
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10y-49-en-70-34yd.html

The above should allow you to use a Classic Controller or Wii Hori stick (in addition PS2 controllers) on Gamecube games. It is recent, came out like a month ago, so I've yet to hear any impressions.
August 1st, 2013: The day Breath of Fire died. Never forget.
"Smartphones are smartphones, and they're not game consoles." -Yuji Horii

QuietStorm75
12 years ago#6
infonesia:

Thanks, someone pointed that out to me a few days ago (on another post) and I ordered it. If anyone is interested I'll check back and let you know if it works (If I can even find this game).
Propaganda is propaganda, no matter its form. Most aren't aware that they themselves have succumbed to it.

QuietStorm75
12 years ago#7
infonesia:

For those who are interested, the classic linker works with the PS2 controller, however the Hori arcade stick is extremely buggy. The controls are buggy. The stick flails around the screen uncontrollably. I don't know if I just got a bad product or this is natural. I might return it to make sure that it's not my product, however if anyone else wants to confirm it's only $16.70 at play-asia.

User Info: Zefiro

Zefiro
12 years ago#8
Thanks for the impressions, guess I'll remain a little bullish for now. I'd like to buy one and see if maybe I end up lucky, but I'm about to move very soon so this isn't a good time yet.

Anyways, have you been able to try the classic controller with it, and about how long is the cord length on the linker? One of my main concerns has been if it and classic controller would add up to a reasonable length.
August 1st, 2013: The day Breath of Fire died. Never forget.
"Smartphones are smartphones, and they're not game consoles." -Yuji Horii

QuietStorm75
12 years ago#9
Let me clarify, when I say buggy, the buttons work, however it doesn't matter when the menu options are flying across the screen. I know it's not the stick itself b/c I downloaded Super SF2 and it works fine.

infonesia:
The cord to the classic linker is VERY short. I'm going to have to update this, but without it in front of me I'll guesstimate and say it is less then 8 inches. To be slightly more accurate, I stand my wii up on its side and the linker hangs from it. You throw in the fact the cord to the hori stick is short as well and you're literally sitting right up on your TV. This is not big deal if you're using a Wii game b/c you need to connect it to the wiimote, but a major issue depending on where your Wii sits.

According to the box and instructions, the linker does work smoothly with the classic controller but I admittedly got this b/c I didn't want the classic controller. I'm still not going to get one since the PS2 works just as well and I already have 2.

I couldn't tell you why it doesn't work outside of the fact that there are no analog controls. You can move left, right, up, and down, but you can't stop it from moving on it's own. Maybe I have a bad one and need to return it (and most likely will since I haven't had it that long), but until I find some more feedback I would say buy it if you want to use a PS2 controller or the classic controller.
  1. Boards
  2. Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
  3. Has anyone tried playing this game on a Wii?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A