• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  3. Valkyrie and Knight

User Info: sirdryden42

sirdryden42
7 years ago#1
While I love this game to death, there is something that has always irritated me. In the official canon, the valkyrie is associated with the Castle realm, while the knight is related with the Sky realm. Wouldn't this make much more sense if it were reversed? Does anyone else agree?

User Info: SigmaZeroX

SigmaZeroX
7 years ago#2
I am impartial to the thought because both are interchangeable in the end considering their backgrounds and clothing designs.

You thought that plot hole was bad, the following is worse:

The game's instruction booklet said that Garm lacked the 13th Runestone. However, the game's intro movie showed that Garm had the 13th Runestone.
MegaMan X Command Mission: My video of destroying Ninetails with No Hypers, No Substitutions, and No Deaths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hawu7f2XUzA

User Info: sirdryden42

sirdryden42
7 years ago#3
SigmaZeroX posted...
I am impartial to the thought because both are interchangeable in the end considering their backgrounds and clothing designs.

I disagree. Valkyries are traditionally battle maidens who fly down from the sky to retrieve the bodies of warriors fallen in battle. They then carry them back to valhalla, the afterlife. The valkyrie's costume in this game also has a wing/sailor motif. The knight on the other hand looks like a standard medieval soldier who fit right in with the castle realm. There is nothing really 'sky' or 'ship' looking about him.

The game's instruction booklet said that Garm lacked the 13th Runestone. However, the game's intro movie showed that Garm had the 13th Runestone.

Ha, I never noticed that. I think in Legends the 13 stone was always there, like it was a fixture in the circle instead of a separate stone. I know Legends only had 12 stones that you could collect, so maybe it was a mixup in between the two games' production?

User Info: SigmaZeroX

SigmaZeroX
7 years ago#4
sirdryden42 posted...
SigmaZeroX posted...

I disagree. Valkyries are traditionally battle maidens who fly down from the sky to retrieve the bodies of warriors fallen in battle. They then carry them back to valhalla, the afterlife. The valkyrie's costume in this game also has a wing/sailor motif. The knight on the other hand looks like a standard medieval soldier who fit right in with the castle realm. There is nothing really 'sky' or 'ship' looking about him.

Ha, I never noticed that. I think in Legends the 13 stone was always there, like it was a fixture in the circle instead of a separate stone. I know Legends only had 12 stones that you could collect, so maybe it was a mixup in between the two games' production?

For the Valkyrie part, don't they fly down from a castle in the air or something?

Onto the Legends part. You only collected 12 Runestones in the Arcade version. The 13th Runestone is already provided for you and placed at the Altar of Skorne.

The console versions of Gauntlet Legends required you to obtain all 13 Runestones to enter the Underworld and destroy Skorne.
MegaMan X Command Mission: My video of destroying Ninetails with No Hypers, No Substitutions, and No Deaths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hawu7f2XUzA
  1. Boards
  2. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  3. Valkyrie and Knight
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A