• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  3. A tip for Toxic Spire secret level (Cloud 9)

User Info: darklaith

darklaith
7 years ago#1
So, I recently beat Cloud 9 (the Heaven/Hell themed secret level found on the first level of the Sky realm). Like many others I had been having a lot of trouble beating it, and when I was looking about for tips on how to beat it I didn't find much (though the coin map in the FAQs section was somewhat helpful).

I figured out a trick that made it a lot easier -- prior to this I had tried it the normal way many times, and never gotten it, but as soon as I tried this trick I got it on the first try. The trick is, basically, buy a whole bunch of Growth Potions, and then use the potion when standing on the floating clouds to make your character's hitbox bigger (which thus makes grabbing the coins easier since there's less room for them to slip by you).

I had also planned to use the Speed powerup if the first didn't work so I could run around on the clouds faster, although it turned out to be unnecessary. But, I bet with both Growth and Speed turned on it would be even easier.
Anyway, hopefully this helps if anyone else is still playing this game and is having trouble with the Cloud 9 level.
  1. Boards
  2. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  3. A tip for Toxic Spire secret level (Cloud 9)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A