• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  3. Question about Bastila (Possible Spoilers)

User Info: kylekatarn10

kylekatarn10
11 years ago#1
When you first arrive on Dantooine, the Jedi Masters address Bastila as 'Padawan Bastila'. If Bastila was truly a Padawan, the lowest ranking Jedi, why was she sent on the extremely important mission on the Endar Spire as the Commander? Seeing as her Battle Meditation is godly, it seems she would atleast have reached Knight rank by the time all the events transpired on the Endar Spire. Also, is it known who her master was/is?
Shatered. GT: Goldkylekatarn

User Info: MagisterMagica

MagisterMagica
11 years ago#2
Bastila is the key to the entire Republic war effort. Her Battle Meditation is invaluable to them, and it is why they didn't get swarmed by the ridiculous number advantage of the Sith. However, Bastila is still very young, and her development as a Jedi on the whole isn't that far along, regardless of whatever special talent she possesses. Certainly not enough to be a Master. And I don't think we are told specifically who her Master is, but I assume it is one of the Masters on Dantooine, since she said that was where she trained.

User Info: Captain_Sorzo

Captain_Sorzo
11 years ago#3
What I don't get is if she's a Padawan, why is she aspiring to be a Master?
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: MagisterMagica

MagisterMagica
11 years ago#4
Doesn't every Jedi wanna be a Master?

POKEMON!

Do ya have the skills to be?

NUMBER ONE!

<.<

>.>

Okay, I'm done

User Info: Captain_Sorzo

Captain_Sorzo
11 years ago#5
Well, that was decidedly odd.

What I meant was, Bastila comments on the possibility of the quest for the Star Forge being a test for her Masterhood. Shouldn't she be worried about becoming a Knight first?
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: JamesJimmothy

JamesJimmothy
11 years ago#6
Pokémon!
Pokémon!
It's all about the challenges.
It's a brand new game
and a brand new world.
New rivals,
as you fight for survival.
Nothing can stop you,
Diamond and Pearl.
Pokémon!
It's all about the battles.
You gotta play smart.
You gotta move faster behind
every win there's a chance to begin, again!
You gotta take it all if you wanna be a master...
Pokémon!
Pokémon!
It's time for adventure,
Diamond and Pearl.
We can change the world.
Pokémon!

(Newest theme song)
History and religion are nothing but fables agreed upon
The past is nothing but the future but to people who's future was our present

User Info: ArchedEnemy

ArchedEnemy
11 years ago#7
That's odd, I swore I posted a reply to this a few days ago...

Anyway, it was probably poorly thought out writing. They're trying to show that she's still relatively inexperienced as a Jedi, and it probably wouldn't have sounded good if they had said "recently promoted Knight Bastila". As we all know from just watching the movies a Padawan wouldn't be out on a mission like that without a Master, so that's the impression I was under.
My 360 GT is: Arched Enemy
Weird huh?

User Info: bum_divot

bum_divot
11 years ago#8
the only master known to her is Darth Malak.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
My sig is still loading
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  3. Question about Bastila (Possible Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A