"MSXML 4.0 is not properly installed"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rise of Nations
  3. "MSXML 4.0 is not properly installed"

User Info: 007rox

007rox
9 years ago#1
I just installed Rise of nations (the original) and and I get that message if I try and play it, I've looked up the problem and from what this forum says

http://forums.techguy.org/games/578684-msxml-4-0-not-properly.html

I'm missing a registry file or something like that. I have a copy of msxml4.dll (but its just on my desktop) I'm nervous about putting it anywhere because I don't want to screw up the registry or anything.

I noticed that in my programs folder there is an empty folder named 'MSXML4.0" and it doesn't have anything in it.

I'm also running windows XP 64-bit, I'm not sure if that's an issue.

um I think that's all the information I have, if you want anymore information then just let me know.

I really appreciate your help, thanks!
:l

User Info: knuckleduster

knuckleduster
9 years ago#2
you generally can put the .dll into your system32 folder. if it asks you to overwrite something then cancel it. at the same time, you might need to drop it into the shared folder if you have more than one hard drive. hope this helps.
Ice nerves of steel. As I notch another kill.
You lose - I win. Into battle I'll ride again
  1. Boards
  2. Rise of Nations
  3. "MSXML 4.0 is not properly installed"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived