• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. What is the RAREST WEAPON in this game?

User Info: Geraru

Geraru
2 months ago#1
NOT hardest to obtain by killing thousands of enemies or completing annoying quests.

In other words, not looking for something you can just bruteforce or buy easily if you have lots of money.
I'm looking for RAREST. Something you would need to maybe kill thousands of enemies or bosses because the droprate is so tremendously low and whatnot. Or something that drops from an extremely rare/difficult boss with, again, a very low chance of dropping it.

I personally define "rarest" as something that very very very very very few people have and where luck is heavily involved. Or maybe something simply not obtainable anymore.

Also I'm looking for WEAPON only, not interested in armors.

All the other websites I checked talk about Ridill, Relics, Kraken Club, AV drops... But I'm assuming all these are extremely outdated. But I don't play the game anymore, so I have no idea if some new item beat those in terms of rarity or they are still the kings of rare.

Thank you very much for your help!

User Info: firedemon 2600

firedemon 2600
2 months ago#2
Any of the rank 1 Mog Bonanza weapons that people won last week. Only 100 or so people won rank 1, and unique weapons were available to trade your voucher for.
<<<Submerged in dirt but it was never enough to quell the fire in the back of my lungs>>>

User Info: Geraru

Geraru
2 months ago#3
firedemon 2600 posted...
Any of the rank 1 Mog Bonanza weapons that people won last week. Only 100 or so people won rank 1, and unique weapons were available to trade your voucher for.
That is a good point, and I'm guessing RIGHT NOW those would be the rarest, but since this is too recent maybe it's not what I'm looking for, because there's no way of knowing if these will remain bonanza exclusive or will we get them somewhere else right?

User Info: Blade_of_Beliar

Blade_of_Beliar
2 months ago#4
Probably the lockstyle weapons from the master trials. :p
Rarest thing in the game was a fishing rod called excalibur it only existed in pre zilart it was then removed aferwards to make way for the relic weapon of the same name.
Of course we should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire- Jaya Ballard Task Mage
FFXI Soulblade Highest ranked Ballista player on Remora

User Info: jimmysheva

jimmysheva
2 months ago#5
Defending Ring
My hat is round, round is my hat.
If it's not round, it's not my hat.

User Info: firedemon 2600

firedemon 2600
2 months ago#6
jimmysheva posted...
Defending Ring

This isn't 2004.

Also, there was a Ballista event way back that awarded I think it was 10 NA and 10 JP players a headpiece called Laurel Crown, and was only awarded on the Siren server. That event was well over 10 years ago IIRC and was never obtainable again. I know you said a weapon, but i honestly don't think any weapon in the game is even rare outside of the Master Trials ones, and even that you can pay a merc to obtain.
<<<Submerged in dirt but it was never enough to quell the fire in the back of my lungs>>>
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. What is the RAREST WEAPON in this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A