• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. Is there a base version of this game?

User Info: NelloAngelo

NelloAngelo
9 months ago#1
Hi all, I was a FFXI player way back when it first came out on 360. Stopped playing and currently play FFXIV. Decided to play this again temporarily just for fun / memories so I downloaded the 14 day free trial with the gf. Realizing we cannot party, trade, shout, use auction house we now just buy a standard version of the game to enjoy for a short time. On PlayOnline there is only the complete collection or the stand alone seekers expansion (listed as the standard edition for some reason?). Does this mean it’s all or nothing for FFXI? No way to pay and download the base game?
PSN/Gamertag: NelloAngelo

User Info: jimmysheva

jimmysheva
9 months ago#2
it's all or nothing now. if you have the base disc from way back then, you can still install it but the game will force install and download the rest of the contents anyway
My hat is round, round is my hat.
If it's not round, it's not my hat.

User Info: ComradeSeraphim

ComradeSeraphim
9 months ago#3
Why don't you just use your old account? Why start over?
TaintedSeraphim is now ComradeSeraphim

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
5 months ago#4
$30 for the game, $10 on sale, all expansions thrown in. Else $10 per expansion in the SquareEnix Account Management portal, if you want to spend upwards of $100 to get the game. They've always made a Collection when a new expansion came out, and replaced the core game, or previous Collection with the new one, at the same price, since the game came out. Outside of Japan, the game launched bundled with Zilart, or later expansions. Only Japan ever had it as just the core game.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.whitneyrines.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. Is there a base version of this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A