• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. Error code POL-1160

User Info: GroveStreetCJ

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#1
OKay so I installed this game a few days ago and wanted to have a good play of it today. However upon trying to connect on playonline it keeps saying error code pol-1160 netwrok connection may be busy or check settings. My settings are the same as when i last connected so I know I dont need to change anything.

I was just wondering if anyone else was experinceing this problem are you connected?
www.youtube.com/nezkeys79 www.myspace.com/nezmcneil Zelda:3780/8335/8891 PKMD:3265/6538/7924

User Info: Souske721

Souske721
11 years ago#2
is your ethernet cable plugged in tight?
I remember getting a code then I unplugged the ethernet cord and re plugged it and never got that code again
MPO+-[USMC]Dead End

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#3
what do you mean? I use a laptop and connect to my mums broadband netgear router. I am connecting to google so why not pol?
www.youtube.com/nezkeys79 www.myspace.com/nezmcneil Zelda:3780/8335/8891 PKMD:3265/6538/7924

User Info: Souske721

Souske721
11 years ago#4
hmm thats wierd, I think the square enix center is still open give them a call at:
858-790-7529
sorry I cant help more
MPO+-[USMC]Dead End

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#5
im in the uk and also s-enix doesnt give advice on pol or ffxi. someone on live support/na just told me that

i also just tried the info section on pol and got error code 2076

is it different connecting to google than pol? ive registered a game using activation codes that i cant even play.

ive got a good mind to complain about pol because its a joke

User Info: Corkadile

Corkadile
11 years ago#6
PlayOnline(including all related software such as FINAL FANTASY XI) may use any of the following ports. If you are using a router, please configure it to allow packets to pass through these ports.

Port numbers that may be used by the PlayOnline server group.
TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 or 50000 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

Port numbers that may be used by terminals such as the PlayStation(R)2.
TCP 1024 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

*Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

*If your Internet service provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you may need to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
"You know you did something stupid when Corkadile won't even help you." - Keeper Orland

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#7
Ive already connected to this game twice though a few days ago? I havent changed any settings so why should it suddenly give me an error code? also the router is not mine its my mums and I dont want to interfere with it. I do have a mobile brodband stick but it very rarely connects for some reason

The thing is I hate about this laptop everytime I turn it on something different happens. Ive only had it a week. All Ive installed on it are FFXI and microsoft works, and nintendo usb wifi connector...which also doesnt work because of error codes. Im just sick of it

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#8
Look if you know how to cancel this whole shindig please tell me. I would really love to play FFXI but Im sick of error codes whether its connecting on my ds or on pol. I wouldnt have minded paying monthly but now this is too much hassle.

If I cant connect to pol now how do I cancel? I havent even played enough of the game to experience battling and that really annoys me stupid pol

User Info: Corkadile

Corkadile
11 years ago#9
Funny, I remember telling you to do that in your first topic and ignored me.
"You know you did something stupid when Corkadile won't even help you." - Keeper Orland

GroveStreetCJ
11 years ago#10
Yes because I got through the installation process and actually played the game and liked it.

Oh yeah I just got disconnected from my mums braodband (first time ever) and now it cant find her router at all. I troubleshooted the problem and reset my network adaptor, then it still wont find her connection. Anyway the next step says plug in a cable and try connecting again.

My brother is connected to the same connection my laptop has just disconnected me from so I dont understand why I am experiencing these errors.

I have been forced to use my mobile broadband stick and get back onto the regular internet......BUT POL STILL WONT CONNECT.

Does it sound like there is a fault or virus on my laptop? Ive only had it a week
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. Error code POL-1160
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A