• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. What are the two characters you always leave on the airship before Kefka?

User Info: TriforceBun

TriforceBun
1 year ago#31
I leave Umaro and Gogo behind, less for gameplay-related reasons (I actually find Gogo to be a lot of fun), and more for story stuff. All the other characters say a line before Kefka's fight, which really adds to the sense of closure.
www.bitfinitygames.com

User Info: UnderratedGamer

UnderratedGamer
1 year ago#32
zz1000zz posted...
I think Umaro gets more hate than he deserves. I would rather have a guy who isn't that good but takes no effort to use than a guy who is great but requires I get gear and magic for then control manually. Is the trouble of making someone like Cyan useful really worth it when I could just put Umaro in in his place? I don't think the game is difficult enough to justify it.

Of course, that's a matter of playstyle. Some people enjoy getting a bunch of gear and training up everyone. That's fine. I don't though, and I wish more people would recognize that as acceptable. It's sort of like how dirgible* mentioned skipping Sabin in the early parts of the WoR so Celes gets more XP so characters join at higher levels. I like that sort of thing, but a lot of people seem to think it's sacrilege since you miss out on esper stat gains.

*Sorry dude, but I can't remember how to spell your name, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

That's a good strategy for a quick-run. 100% playthrough would have different outcomes.
"Who's mago?whoever made that topic is a genius 7-10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4-6" - Mago

User Info: KingArgorok

KingArgorok
1 year ago#33
Umaro is a given and I also leave Gau behind.
If the mechanics defy the intended rules, then the game is broken.

UnderratedGamer
1 year ago#34
Why is Gau left behind by so many? :(((
"Who's mago?whoever made that topic is a genius 7-10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4-6" - Mago

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 year ago#35
Probably because a lot of people don't like uncontrolled characters.

UnderratedGamer
1 year ago#36
His ability makes him non-controllable. I guess it depends how much you use abilities per character. If I'm underleveled I'll tend to use abilities more.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 year ago#37
Yep. I should have mentioned that I'm quite willing to bring Gau along if he has a well developed Magic skillset, except it would have to be a contrived playthrough for me to develop out his Magic without also getting him some good Rages.

UnderratedGamer
1 year ago#38
tiornys posted...
Yep. I should have mentioned that I'm quite willing to bring Gau along if he has a well developed Magic skillset, except it would have to be a contrived playthrough for me to develop out his Magic without also getting him some good Rages.

It takes a long time to all the characters up to date. I've been in the cultists tower for ages trying to master all magic. It's taken me a solid 10 to 15 hours to teach magic to the 12.

Gau in particular takes forever in the Veldt plus magic grinding takes the most toll on hours.

User Info: Roundman

Roundman
1 year ago#39
Gau and Relm. Kefka's fortress is no place for children.

User Info: KingArgorok

KingArgorok
1 year ago#40
UnderratedGamer posted...
tiornys posted...

It takes a long time to all the characters up to date. I've been in the cultists tower for ages trying to master all magic. It's taken me a solid 10 to 15 hours to teach magic to the 12.

Gau in particular takes forever in the Veldt plus magic grinding takes the most toll on hours.

Go to the desert near Maranda. Hoovers and Cactuars give 5-10 ability points.
If the mechanics defy the intended rules, then the game is broken.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. What are the two characters you always leave on the airship before Kefka?
  • Topic Archived