• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. What are the two characters you always leave on the airship before Kefka?

User Info: Kometeo

Kometeo
1 year ago#11
Setzer and Umaro.

Never liked Setzer and he is the pilot, so makes sense that he stays with his ship. Umaro can be tricky in the last dungeon.

As for Gogo and Gau, they are super useful, so they are in.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 year ago#12
always umaro, other one varies alot depending on how much ive invested in different people over the playthrough

i dont like relm much, despite having best base magic, by the time she joins *last among customizable characters* terra and celes likely already have more, although control can be helpful for teaching strago some blue magic more easily

of course, when i do playthoughs these days its often playtesting my or trying other peoples patches

User Info: Django13

Django13
1 year ago#13
Setzer and Umaro. To those leaving Gogo behind, you're missing out because blitz (which he can use even without Sabin in his party) is extremely strong.

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
1 year ago#14
Usually Gau and Setzer. Most of the times I've played, though, I have one party I recruit and use for the rest of the game. I split them between the parties going to Kefka, and bring them back together for the final fight.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 year ago#15
Probably more often than not, Umaro. I do bring him sometimes, but usually I'm doing things like stealing or morphing and don't need his randomness messing that up. I might leave Gau out too if I'm not in the mood for rages or magic. The rest I have no reason to leave out at all unless I chose to use Gau and/or Umaro in a particular Kefka run.

Nice to see that Cyan was not mentioned as much. He got quite the bashing when I first started coming to this and the FFVI GBA boards in 2009 and 2010.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: zz1000zz

zz1000zz
1 year ago#16
Umaro, Gau, Cyan, Relm, Strago. Not as in a mix of those. I don't bother to bring any of them at all. I sometimes don't even bother to recruit them. I find it more tedious to manage 12 characters than it's worth to actually bring 12 characters to the final dungeon.

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
1 year ago#17
Umaro and either Strago or Cyan, depending (usually the latter).
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TallWhiteNinja

User Info: joaquintall

joaquintall
1 year ago#18
I'm surprised so many people have said Setzer. With his Fixed Dice set-up, he's one of my go-tos. Or with Mog's Moogle Charmed party to balance the teams.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 year ago#19
That's true, and if you are playing the GBA version, dupe his Fixed Dice and equip the offering with Genji Glove for double trouble.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Shnightmare

Shnightmare
1 year ago#20
Umaro for obvious reasons, and Gogo. Never got into using Gogo. Mimes are better in FFV.
Brave Exvius ID: 072712387 IGN Zero
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. What are the two characters you always leave on the airship before Kefka?
  • Topic Archived