• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: viceprojectdoom

viceprojectdoom
2 years ago#1
Hey everyone, I remember my friend having two guides for the game. The first was of course the regular guide you could use to get through the game. The second one is what I'm looking for.

It isn't a guide as more of a walkthrough of the plot itself. Through the entire game or near the end anyway.

Does anyone remember it?

User Info: Esper-X

Esper-X
2 years ago#2
Are we talking physical guide books? There were three back in the day that I know of, but I don't recall much about the contents of each:

1. Final Fantasy III Player's Guide / Olafson (Mog on the cover)

2. Final Fantasy III Nintendo Power Player's Guide (Terra on the cover)

2. Complete Final Fantasy III Forbidden Game Secrets / Kaku (random sword on the cover)

Apologies if you're talking about online guides!

User Info: shabaaba

shabaaba
2 years ago#3
My first thought was the Olafson's Player's Guide. That was just a fun read.

User Info: Nangbaby

Nangbaby
2 years ago#4
Which one of those guides was the one that horribly interpreted Terra's line of her remembering General Leo as her being delusional and actually thinking she was talking to him?
http://www.aamf.com/
There's nothing important at that URL...nothing at all.

User Info: viceprojectdoom

viceprojectdoom
2 years ago#5
Esper-X posted...
Are we talking physical guide books? There were three back in the day that I know of, but I don't recall much about the contents of each:

1. Final Fantasy III Player's Guide / Olafson (Mog on the cover)

2. Final Fantasy III Nintendo Power Player's Guide (Terra on the cover)

2. Complete Final Fantasy III Forbidden Game Secrets / Kaku (random sword on the cover)

Apologies if you're talking about online guides!

Actuyally they might be what I'm looking for, thanks.

shabaaba posted...
My first thought was the Olafson's Player's Guide. That was just a fun read.

I should check that one out first.

Nangbaby posted...
Which one of those guides was the one that horribly interpreted Terra's line of her remembering General Leo as her being delusional and actually thinking she was talking to him?

Huh?

User Info: Nangbaby

Nangbaby
2 years ago#6
I remember reading a guide as a youngster that had that detail. Maybe I just imagined it.
http://www.aamf.com/
There's nothing important at that URL...nothing at all.

User Info: TriforceBun

TriforceBun
2 years ago#7
You're looking for the guide by Peter Olafson.

Nangbaby posted...

That's the Olafson one! In one of the sections about checking in on what the characters say in the airship, he says "and Terra at one point seems to think she's talking to General Leo (get a grip, girl)."

He definitely has a particular writing style, but I love it; it's very entertaining to read through the guide while or after playing through the game. It's got its fair share of inaccuracies (turns out, you CAN save Cid and the Cursed Ring DOESN'T become a Hero Ring!), but what it lacks in thoroughness it makes up for in entertainment value.
www.bitfinitygames.com
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A