• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. Found something cool about Doom Gaze!

User Info: WhPlague

WhPlague
8 years ago#1
I could never run into him if you're "sliding" using the Y button. I can only trigger the battle when using the A button to propel forward.

Found this out using an utility that reads the savestate and gives me its exact position on the world map.

Useful to know if you're in a weakened state (or levels multiples of 5) and the nearest town is close by.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
8 years ago#2
People are always finding something new about this game. Simply amazing.

These days, I'm a sick man who goes after and murders Doom Gaze immediately after getting the Falcon. But this will be good to know when/if I ever play this game again and do a challenge run.
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).

User Info: gasimakos

gasimakos
8 years ago#3
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
People are always finding something new about this game. Simply amazing.

These days, I'm a sick man who goes after and murders Doom Gaze immediately after getting the Falcon. But this will be good to know when/if I ever play this game again and do a challenge run.

are you really able to find him immediately after you get the falcon? i always have the hardest time finding him until after i've finished a few of the dungeons. maybe it's just luck.

i've always wondered if there was some NPC or combination of them that you had to talk to or a certain dungeon that you had to complete before you could run into him. i wonder if there's any truth to that?
Gaia gear - best armor in the game.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
8 years ago#4
Hold A, turn occasionally, read a book or watch something. Or for the lazier yet unintuitively more effective method, face due north, turn a teensy bit, and Hold A while you cover the map entirely.
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).

User Info: LinkSamus3

LinkSamus3
8 years ago#5
WhPlague posted...
I could never run into him if you're "sliding" using the Y button.

Excuse me? I thought the only buttons that controlled the Airship were A, B, L and R. At least that's all they tell you in the game. I never had the game's instruction booklet, and I don't remember reading about that in any of the FAQs either.
"Don't just beat it, conquer it!" - dungeonconquerorB

User Info: WhPlague

WhPlague
8 years ago#6
Setzer himself tells you about it after the Maduin dream sequence, if you ask him for special flying tips.

Shall I teach you a technique, too?
Yes
No

[caption #1317]
Press the Start Button to view the world map.<EOP>
Hold the Y Button down and use the Control Pad to move in all directions.<EOP>
Use the L and R Buttons with the Control Pad for high speed turns.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. Found something cool about Doom Gaze!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A