• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Icewind Dale II
  3. so if my fav part of baldurs gate was the battles, is this the game for me?
kst8er 4 years ago#1
Ive heard this game is pretty light on the story and heavy on the combat. I loved huge battles in BG and BG II. its on sale right now on GOG for 3.99
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year
Dorami 4 years ago#2
This game uses 3E rules, which you may or may not like.

This game's battles are more evocation heavy, with emphasis on blasting magic or melee (though buffs and save or suck spells are useful for melee support) more so than save or die or things like Time Stop. I am not sure if this type of combat is to your taste, though certainly there is a lot of it.

I enjoy this game and still replay it from time to time. At $4, I would certainly recommend giving it a chance.
"Systematically killing randomly generated lolis actually sounds okay, now that I think about it." - DesertWolfXII
kst8er 4 years ago#3
Thanks for the quick response
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year
militant agnostic 4 years ago#4
Blasting magic loses luster in Heart of Fury (except for Delayed Blast Fireball IIRC).

Maxing dice checks for things like Wail of the Banshee and Mass Domination makes thing easier, as well as summons and illusion spells for protection.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." -Grigori
  1. Boards
  2. Icewind Dale II
  3. so if my fav part of baldurs gate was the battles, is this the game for me?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Some of my party died how do i revive them? General3 Answers
How do I remove disease? Main Quest1 Answer
Saved Games? Tech Support1 Answer
Cheat Codes? Tech Support3 Answers
Abilities code? General1 Answer