• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Useful Keywords for Food and Element Items! KEEP BUMPED!

User Info: Sun Quan

Sun Quan
16 years ago#1
Hey, all. I’ve compiled a list of good keywords to use to find a lot of the tradable items, i.e. Sports Drink, Cooked Bile, etc… and Grunty Food for //Infection. Keep in mind that these keywords are for //Infection. The fields and dungeons change from game to game so these might not work too well for //Mutation. I haven’t had the time to test them there, yet. This post will get additions as I go along, so please keep it bumped.

Major kudos to people like reciprocity, Pokekiller and Pendant of Courage from GameFAQs forums who cared enough to post some good keywords to try that were added to this list.

A few things to remember before we get to the list:
- Some of these items and Grunty Foods are really difficult to find. Listed are areas that either have a lot of those items or foods, or you can find more than usual. For example, Piney Apples are difficult to find, and you only get between one and five per field, thus I’ve listed places where you can find three or more.
- Usually the dungeons that I have listed have at least one good room with between six and twelve jars or eggs that can be broken to find Holy Sap, Burning Oil, etc… For some of the more rare items, though, the dungeon will only have ONE such room. When possible, I try to list dungeons that have that room on the first floor.
- Some of the Keywords necessary to go to these places don’t become available until later in //Infection, so you’re going to have to be patient before you can explore them.
- All fields and dungeons reset when you go from field to dungeon, dungeon to field, field to Root Town, thus if there’s a Grunty Food near the entrance to a dungeon or a field, you can simply go from one to the other and the food will reset each time.
- Since this list is still being made, some of the items and foods have one or no keywords to them. I’ll add more as I find them.

Grunty Foods –

Cordyceps:
Delta: Detestable Oblivious Holy Ground

Grunt Mints:
Delta: Raging Passionate Melody
Delta: Discovered Primitive Touchstone

La Pumpkin:
Delta: Bursting Passed Over Paradise (I personally picked up 52 La Pumpkins in one visit to this field)
Theta: Bursting Passed Over Paradise

Mandragora: (Note: Just about any keyword that ends in Aqua Field will have a Spring Of Myst as well as a number of Mandragoras on it. These two keywords just have a LOT.)
Delta: Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field
Delta: Discovered Passed Out Twin Hills

Mushroom:
Delta: Bursting Solitary Hypha
Delta: Plenteous Smiling Hypha
Delta: Putrid Hot Blooded Scaffold

Oh No Melon:
Delta: Expansive Haunted Sea Of Sand
Delta: Detestable Golden Messenger

Piney Apple:
Theta: Soft Solitary Tri Pansy

Root Vegetable:
Delta: Hidden Passed Over Fort Walls (There were only about seven on the field, but one was right next to the place where Kite enters the field, so you can just grab it, go back to the Root Town, go back to the field, grab another, and so on…)
Delta: Detestable Golden New Truth
Delta: Bursting Forbidden Spiral

Snakey Cactus:
Delta: Expansive Despaired Fiery Sands

White Cherry:
Delta: Voluptuous Oblivious White Devil
Delta: Discovered Eternal March (Found around forty-two here)
Delta: Greedy Her White Devil

Sun Quan
16 years ago#2
Grunty Foods continued...

Golden Eggs:
Delta: Sinking Smiling Fort Walls (Go down, left, straight. In the first room there is a portal and bearcat egg, go left and there is a golden egg. If you go straight again there is another portal and a bearcat egg. Get the eggs, go out of the dungeon and it will reset, then go back in.)
Delta: Dog Dancing Forbidden Scent
Delta: Bursting Passed Over March
Delta: Bursting Passed Over Twin Hills
Theta: Soft Solitary Tri Pansy

Bear Cat Eggs:
Delta: Sinking Smiling Fort Walls (Go down, left, straight. In the first room there is a portal and bearcat egg, go left and there is a golden egg. If you go straight again there is another portal and a bearcat egg. Get the eggs, go out of the dungeon and it will reset, then go back in.)

Invisible Eggs:
Delta: Hideous Organ Market Scaffold

Immature Eggs:
None (I forgot to write them down ;.;)

Bloody Eggs:
None yet

Tradable Elemental Items –

Burning Oil: (These are incredibly easy to find.)
Delta: Hideous Destroyer’s Far Thunder
Delta: Discovered Primitive Touchstone

Cooked Bile: (Not easy to find at all.)
Theta: Cursed Despaired Paradise (Just one room, but the dungeon’s tiny)

Holy Sap: (Another easy one.)
Delta: Hideous Organ Market Scaffold (Rooms with twelve jars abound here)
Theta: Collapsed Despaired Hypha

Pure Water:
Theta: Quiet Eternal White Devil

Sports Drink:
Delta: Bursting Passed Over Twin Hills (One room in the lower right end of the dungeon)
Delta: Noisy Orange March
Theta: Bursting Passed Over Twin Hills

Well Water:
Delta: Indiscreet Gluttonous Pilgrimage
Delta: Dog Dancing Forbidden Scent
Theta: Dog Dancing Passionate Tri Pansy

Well, that’s it. Hope these Keywords help some of you out. Like I said, please keep these bumped and I’ll continue to add to it as I go along. I’ll also try them out in //Mutation eventually but I’ve already found out that there’s now only one Piney Apple in Theta: Soft Solitary Tri Pansy there, even if it is right by the entrance. And another thing… if any of you find any Keywords that I haven’t listed that have easily accessible elemental items or Grunty Foods, please feel free to reply with them and I’ll check them out.

User Info: Naughty_Monkey

Naughty_Monkey
16 years ago#3
No way am I trying to detract from the usefulness of a post like this, but doesn't this information eventually come onto the game's Board?

Under the "What's a Grunty?" topic:

Piney Apple: Solitary in the B part
Mushroom: Hypha in part C
Mandragora: Aqua Field in C part
Twilight Onion: Gluttoneous in part B
Cordyceps: Someone's in B
Oh No Melon: Destroyer's in B
La Pumpkin: Paradise in part C
Snakey Cactus: Fiery Sands in Part C
White Cherry: White Devil in part C

Immature Eggs: Stone Wall dungeons
Bear Cat egg: Castle Wall
Invisible Egg: Cave Wall
Bloody Egg: Flesh Wall

And for the rest, there's some good info in the Keyword Effect FAQ by Neo987.
---
No! Monkey bad. Bad monkey. No, no, no!

Sun Quan
16 years ago#4
It may, yes, but this way people have keywords readily available to find what they need. Many people don't have the patience to experiment constantly to find a good field. Often, especially with the more rare Grunty Foods, you may choose the wrong word or get a field that only has one or even no foods. That can be very frustrating, especially with Cordyceps, Piney Apples and Root Vegetables. I can't tell you how many "Solitary" fields I explored, trying to find one with more than one Piney Apple in it. Likewise for Root Vegetables. Something like this is a valuable resource. It takes long enough to pick all those foods and break all those random jars to get as many items as you need. People shouldn't have to search them out, too.

User Info: Naughty_Monkey

Naughty_Monkey
16 years ago#5
Don't get me wrong Sun Quan, I very much realize how much a topic like this is needed. However, there must be a better way to go about this. The fact that there are a few others on these boards attempting to also find useful area Keyword combinations, perhaps a team up is in order. The fact that reciprocity has a useful reply in the Root Vegetables topic makes it rather inefficient. Pooling efforts together might be enough to get a concise organized FAQ. Just a thought.
---

User Info: theriddlemaster

theriddlemaster
16 years ago#6
BUMP it up

User Info: El_Derkaiser

El_Derkaiser
16 years ago#7
I'll bump this to the extreme. I'm looking for something like this. Thanks big time, Sun Quan!
---
*bump*

User Info: G01

G01
16 years ago#8
you should submit this as a faq
---
Peter: Don't worrry I read a book about this once.
Brian: Are you sure it was a book. Are you sure it wasn't...NOTHING!!!!!!!! Peter:Oh, Yeah.

Sun Quan
16 years ago#9
Anytime, El Derkaiser. Glad I could help.

Naughty Monkey: I know you're not trying to belittle the importance of the post. The reasons why I didn't make up a FAQ are numerous. First of all, I'm too darned lazy. That's a big reason in itself. Its just too much work to research it, write it up, make it look pretty, submit it, etc... The second reason is that most people are simply not interested in looking things up on the FAQs here. If they were, we wouldn't get so many "what do I dd to get life sword?" type topics. A post like this one is simply more attention getting. Even with this post here, someone STILL asked last night where to find Pure Waters. You see why I have doubts as to the validity of FAQs?

I'm not putting down your idea of a collaboration. Its a wonderful idea. Heck, most of my Keywords came from a previous post that reciprocity made a while back. He's mentioned making a FAQ before, but I've been waiting a while and he still hasn't gotten around to it. So, I decided to just write all this crap out and post it. If he, you and whoever else who wants to be involved would like to, I'd be more than happy to contribute to the making of a FAQ. But I'm not going to go out of my way to organize it, make it happen, etc... Quite frankly, everyone has seen the Keyword FAQ but I doubt many people have even bothered to look it over and try to figure it out, nevermind use it to find good items. Heck, even my eyes start to glaze over when I try. Its much more prudent just to say, hey! Here are some keywords! Use 'em! Or don't...

Uh, so... yeah. If a bunch of people want to make up a FAQ and want my help, my AIM sn's in my profile. In the meantime, though, this is the best way I see to get the information across. You're not offending me or anything by questioning why I'd post it.

Sun Quan
16 years ago#10
Golden Egg:
Theta: Beautiful Someone's Treasure Gem (There's one in the first room of the dungeon. Just go in, defeat whatever appears, grab the egg, run back out of the dungeon, run back in, repeat.)
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Useful Keywords for Food and Element Items! KEEP BUMPED!
  • Topic Closed