• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Dead board but I need advice

User Info: timpat928

timpat928
2 years ago#1
So I started clearing my ps2 back log a few days ago. This was the one I picked to knock out first, but I'm having a hard time with this game.

I just got Piros, kite is level 11, and I can't damage anything. I have a few different twin blades that I switch depending on elments but all I do is miss. I use skills and they miss. I can not even handle a level 7 place.

I have traded for some high level armor.

Am I missing something? Or is this game just unforgiving in the beginning?
PSN- trigun928
Pawn- Loki, lvl 97 Strider

User Info: Sand_Flare

Sand_Flare
2 years ago#2
it is stupidly unforgiving if you play the obvious way. If you go in close and start hacking away you'll miss 60% of the time and get creamed in the process.

Put some space between you and the enemies and try to use elemental magic skills and scrolls. Using them, you can keep your distance from enemies while still maintaining fair dps. You'll still miss a lot, but in the end it's more viable than the alternative. If you run out of SP, just run around the battlefield until it refills enough to use the magic again.

Always keep health drinks in stock. They heal you instantly as opposed to repth which has some casting time. Repth is good to use between rooms to make sure you're well healed before moving on.

Those are pretty much the things that helped me. Without them the game seemed impossible.

User Info: timpat928

timpat928
2 years ago#3
Thank you for the reply.

I had been running in and spamming "x" and attacking with none elemental attacks.

I finally understand the elements now and am having a slightly easier time dealing damage. This game is unforgiving at the beginning.
PSN- trigun928
Pawn- Loki, lvl 97 Strider

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 years ago#4
you think that's bad, you should see .hack//fragment. exp is 1/10th what it is on IMOQ, and you can't call for NPC allies online.
You just lost the game.

User Info: bagsan

bagsan
2 years ago#5
Also, if you're not familiar with the buffs and duffs on the game yet, utilise the Blood items you can buy (or the spell versions which are attached to certain bits of kit, ie the Twin Blade's shoes - Ap Corv, Ap Torv etc) as these help you punch above your weight. The one-use items that help with physical and magical attacks and accuracy can make a big difference, especially in boss fights.

I'm replaying Infection just now and I'd forgotten how difficult it can be to even damage something at the beginning. Strengthening items and spells are helping a lot.
I'm studying lots of famous quotations for my future sig, thus rendering originality of thought superfluous.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Dead board but I need advice
  • Topic Archived