• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Issues with third party controller

User Info: Kinsata

Kinsata
2 years ago#1
Am playing this on a PS2 slim with a third party (though fairly recently manufactured) controller. When I aim either stick the the left or right, it's counting as a downwards movement.

Has anyone else experienced this aside from the person from this topic?:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/551240-hack-infection-part-1/73337753

My controller is new, and the controller ports on my console are clean. Like the poster there, this only happens in the .hack quadrilogy.

Any suggestions are welcome! :D
Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia, Destiny, DOOM, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness.

User Info: Kinsata

Kinsata
2 years ago#2
Got an official controller, seems to have alleviated the issue. Weird that it matters. Heads up to anyone with third party controllers with similar issues!
Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia, Destiny, DOOM, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness.

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
2 years ago#3
i learned back in the ps1 age that it's generally never a good idea to get third party pads (unless it's a well known manufacturer like madcatz or something also getting official support), that is because they usually don't know the extact specifics for calibrations and stuff and that brings up those kind of problems in some games
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Infection Part 1
  3. Issues with third party controller
  • Topic Archived