The New Workout Plan

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. The New Workout Plan

User Info: Datuna

Datuna
1 month ago#21
And isolated social coffee will still happen.
Big Bear is gone

User Info: Antallic

Antallic
1 month ago#22
Tithenion posted...
This is perfect timing for me, actually. I've started and stopped a few times this year but several things, between getting sick and moving, have knocked me back out of doing anything. We've been here almost a month now so no excuses. And we're going on a small vacation on Monday and will be back in time for this with a couple of days for me to "warm up".

Need to decide on a new plan. Three years ago I did P90X3. I felt great, though just following the program with no extra running thrown in means your endurance is going to be absolute s***. It's good because of the compact times so I dunno... I don't think it will help me really put on muscle but it might be good for getting me into a routine. I don't really need to lose anything. Last time I was into the doctor I was about 141lbs which is down a bit from my "normal" weight. Even when I was exercising a lot I was still never big. Couldn't eat enough, at least for the exercises I was doing. Any suggestions are most welcome. I'll post pics later.

the workout i was doing in '08/'09 was instructed by a friend of mine who now runs a gym. he basically used me as a way to gauge how far to push people with various exercises. i'm overly dramatic but i don't give up easily so i'm a decent workout partner. i 'member him mentioning P90 at the time and saying how simlar it was to our regimen.

i plan on using some of his ideas with my current workout, though not as much weight. i'm gonna try and use my own body weight as much as possible.

the thing i found most interesting about working out with him for 2 years or so is that, though i didn't gain a crazy amount of muscle, my core got strong as f***. for my entire life up to that point i couldn't do a pull up, once we finished and i was at my peak, i could do at least 10 in a row.

i don't wanna give you bad advice on gaining weight healthfully but the diet i'm gonna use will be high in proteins and good fats, which will help build muscle. i'm gonna get more into that later this week... it's gonna be hella complicated 'cause i need to figure out days and what i wanna eat plus how many calories and bleh, maths.

all this s*** is worth it once you get acquainted with your body and understand what it needs. just a lotta learning involved.
[aX]

Antallic
1 month ago#23
Datuna posted...
I'm at 20+ daily smokes at the moment. Yet still pretty confident cold turkey will be doable, as I've only been smoking since February (after quitting cold turkey in 1999 when I smoked 40 a day and had been for about 7 years).

I hate milk, yet I've been conditioned to drink it after eating bread or similar foods. I CRAVE it, weird. Shouldn't be too hard to get that out of my diet. Water will be my main intake, but I won't feel bad about some isolated sugar free, caffeine free cokes. And maybe fresh fruit juices, but more as an easy fruit intake. Not gonna be too serious about taking out those kind of sugars.

you make me feel better about my 10. i smoke American Spirits, which is additive free and expensive as hell. will help my wallet big time.

milk kinda creeps me out. i crave it as well, and although i crave many things, another animal's milk doesn't seem like something i should drink. honestly, milk at all seems like an odd thing. i mean, babies do that.
[aX]
(edited 1 month ago)

Antallic
1 month ago#24
Datuna posted...
Will be quite easy to fall back into caffeine, having an office job. And having to remind people not to bring me coffee.

Datuna posted...
And isolated social coffee will still happen.

if this is the case i'll also feel better about having a Coke. dig it!
[aX]

Datuna
1 month ago#25
yeah, not sure about cutting out the cocaine...
Big Bear is gone

Antallic
1 month ago#26
i just gotta watch my intake. what i need is a number i can allot per day. mg wise...

Google says 3-400 mg of Caffeine a day is a safe amount. that seems insanely high, but it's equal to roughly 4 cups of coffee.

a can of Coke only has 34 mg of Caffeine but it has the dreaded High Fructose Corn Syrup.
[aX]

Datuna
1 month ago#27
Oh, that coke.

My biggest hurdle will be my mom stuffing the house with stuff. I almost had this out of her system (she needs to watch her weight as well), but of course with her grandchildren visiting for three weeks, it's straight up candy land here. I need to get my own place (the search for which also starts July 16th), it will be super easy just not having s*** in the house and not buying it.
Big Bear is gone

Antallic
1 month ago#28
hahaha for me, yes that coke. for most of my friends, moreso the other.

but ya luckily i'm solo atm so extra stuff around won't be a problem. if i wasn't solo that would certainly be a problem.

good thing i don't have any prints or pictures of people smoking... i'd hafta take them down. lol
[aX]

User Info: FrendDuel

FrendDuel
1 month ago#29
Obligatory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylT16QB6Uig
There is no i in frend.
{aB} http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=548 {aB}

Datuna
1 month ago#30
Wasn't too serious about the coke, I'm just in an experimental phase where I try things now and then. Aside from nicotine, caffeine and alcohol, there are is no frequent substance use of any kind.
Big Bear is gone
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. The New Workout Plan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.