The New Workout Plan

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. The New Workout Plan

User Info: DroidKowolluh

DroidKowolluh
1 month ago#101
Tithenion posted...
I've read about that but with my inconsistent work schedule I don't think I could try it. Gonna be hard enough to split up meals into more smaller amounts like I want to do. I usually don't take my fifteen minutes to breaks, just the lunches, so I may have to start doing that.

Yeah, that's how I feel about eating 5-6 times a day. It's just a pain in the dick to space out meals and snacks like that with my schedule. The IF schedule is attractive because it's already close to my preferred eating schedule in the first place. Should I keep updating here or make a separate topic? I don't want to derail if you guys are trying for specific logs of your training or something.
I killed a man cause he killed my goat.
I put my hands on his throat.

User Info: Antallic

Antallic
1 month ago#102
you're more than welcome to update here my man.
[aX]

User Info: Chewster

Chewster
1 month ago#103
Most of you are trying to lose, right? Got any input for somebody looking to gain weight instead?

I try to eat healthy-ish but it's hard to get a lot of calories that way. Like I wouldn't have much of a problem cutting down on stuff like sweets, but I've been trying to eat less bread for example. It's hard though because it's been such a staple of my diet for years and it's easy to make meals/snacks with. And then you get people who take it further and stop eating pasta and cereal and stuff... I'm not trying to go full-on keto or anything (seems like that's used more for loss anyway?) but even what little I do try to cut out is a challenge to replace.

User Info: Tithenion

Tithenion
1 month ago#104
Yeah that's the boat I'm in. Mostly I'm just trying to stick to wheat instead of white (which I do for the most part anyway). Though I wish wheat tortillas came in a larger size. That's the main reason I still eat white ones. What I really struggled on last time more than hitting calories was even coming close to the protein.

Actually, I don't think I've asked that here. What number do you guys aim for on that? For bulking I've heard anything from eating your weight in protein (lb/gram) to eating double. Even eating 1.5x my weight (210g) seems crazy to me.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Tithenion?type=posted
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DroidKowolluh

DroidKowolluh
1 month ago#105
I shoot for my weight in protein, but almost always come you 20-30g below. I actually downloaded a meal tracker so I can stay more on the ball. It's easy on my phone.

Do you guys supplement with protein shakes or anything?
I killed a man cause he killed my goat.
I put my hands on his throat.

User Info: Tithenion

Tithenion
1 month ago#106
Yeah I bought some powder from Sam's on back that I use. Usually I toss in peanut butter and bananas and a bit of yogurt.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Tithenion?type=posted
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

Antallic
1 month ago#107
i've never been a huge fan of bulk so i never go for it, but i'll definitely be using protein shakes.

i don't use whey though, i use milk and tofu.
[aX]

Antallic
1 month ago#108
tomorrow night i'm going to start devising my workout plan (7 days a week) and dietary restrictions in detail. worst part about eating healthy is going to the grocery store so often. i need to find a good one.

i'm going to try and eat mostly fresh meals high in protein. i'll likely do a ton of stir-fry, soups, chili and stews. biggest problem i normally face is eating after i work out. i'm not normally hungry to do so and i personally think a shake is only half what your body needs to truly build muscle.

i don't wanna eat red meat (at least not all the time), so since i'll be working out in the evenings i'll treat my post workout meal as my supper. gonna likely have chicken breast, salmon, tuna, baked potato, whole wheat pasta/rice, eggs (though not too much), etc.

and water. lots of water.
[aX]
(edited 1 month ago)

Antallic
1 month ago#109
oh also, i'm going to stretch at least 3 times a day. after waking in the morning before (or after) i grab my Vitamin D (laying in the sun).

once before i workout, once after. i'll spend at least 5-10 minutes stretching.

i found that this was a huge part of working out and leading a healthy lifestyle that many people overlook. i may even start doing yoga once i can get my core back into proper shape.
[aX]

User Info: Kowolluh

Kowolluh
1 month ago#110
Stretching is definitely something I need to do more often. I'm going to be 34 this year and my body is at the stage where I'm starting to realize I'm not an invincible 18 year old anymore. I lifted hard today, so I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes stretching, my leg day split, followed by some more stretching.

The intermittent fasting is still going strong on day two. It's not even noticeable other than no night time snacking. I just got an app on my phone so that I can better track how I'm eating and I'm finding it very helpful. Yesterday was 1986 calories, with a split of 37% carbs, 34% protein, and 28% fat. Today will be 1934 calories, split 52% fat, 31% protein, and 17% carbs. I need to get my macros in check and get closer to 40% protein, 30 carb, 30 fat or thereabouts.
When God gives you lemons, you find a new god. - Powerthirst Commercial
"When MK is on the scene, you always hobble away satisfied." - Duel
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. The New Workout Plan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.