You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Breath of the Wild

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
6 months ago#41
Played a little bit more tonight. Still in that Akkala area but started to go south. The enemies are really tough...lots of Lizalfos and Bokoblins on horses firing arrows. Really thinking I need to upgrade health next as I already upgraded stamina four times.

But oh my god, there's a f***ing Lynel in this game. It killed me in one shot. Not surprised...that's what they do in other Zelda games (LBW is really coming back to me now). Is this the first 3D game they make an appearance? It's a bit scary..

I tried sailing after finding a raft, but it looked like it was stuck on the shore. I tried stasis and flailing my Korok leaf, but no luck.

Though I didn't play much tonight, it wasn't all for naught - I was able to find two more Korok seeds.
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

X Slayer007 X
6 months ago#42
Got up to the Divine Beast Ruta this morning. Given my last post, I was surprised the game directed me to go up to a mountain to face another Lynel. I figured maybe since this one was story-related, he would be easier, but nope, still killed me in one shot. Luckily I already had enough arrows and was able to steal a couple more needed for the next session without engaging in a fight...the next part was pretty cool...thankfully regular arrows were plentiful since I started trekking to Zora's domain. Didn't realize you can shoot while gliding. Thought I had to land on the beast but it kept kicking me off...
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Datuna

Datuna
6 months ago#43
X Slayer007 X posted...
Didn't realize you can shoot while gliding.

Odd you didn't realize this sooner (no offense), I can't imagine the game without this.
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh

X Slayer007 X
6 months ago#44
Big Bear is back posted...
X Slayer007 X posted...
Didn't realize you can shoot while gliding.

Odd you didn't realize this sooner (no offense), I can't imagine the game without this.

No worries - most of the time I was gliding, there were no enemies around so had no reason to pull it out. When I was running away from tougher monsters via gliding, my back was towards them, so no reason to think about engaging them.

Actually, there's probably a few obvious things I that I'm not aware of and/or don't know how to do...that's okay though, it's worth it when you figure out something on your own, especially regarding cooking. I have minimized by dubious dish occurrences, but still can't figure out how to get certain effects. It's also tempting to use 5 ingredients every time, but there are plenty of situations where I can get similar results with just 2 or 3.
(edited 6 months ago)

X Slayer007 X
6 months ago#45
A few updates - finished the Ruta divine beast...that main dungeon was a bit shorter than I expected but the puzzle mechanics were interesting. Boss was a bit challenging, but figured out what to do. Then I did a handful of sidequests that came up afterwards in Zora's domain.

At this point, I have upgraded stamina 5 times and hearts 2 times, so I'm thinking I'll throw in another heart upgrade. Also, severely low on arrows (all kinds). Killed another giant, but this time it was much easier.

X Slayer007 X
6 months ago#46
Played a little bit more recently....I went all over the place.

First I went to the center of Hyrule but didn't get too close to the castle....more just along the walls....eventually made it north and climbed a tower. Glided into a forest got whited out! Must be the lost woods...and it was...took me a while to figure out how to venture further. The torches are only available for the first half.

Tried to do the master sword pull but failed miserably LOL

Datuna
6 months ago#47
I got through the Lost Woods on luck. You get proper hints for this, but I hardly talked to NPC's.
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
6 months ago#48
f*** I really need to not let myself get behind on this but I’ve hit a wall. I should probably just shrine hunting, boost my stamina, and korok hunt for more inventory space. I REALLY want and need more weapon space. Then I’ll get back to Lynel and Zora divine beast.
NP | GoW(2018), LoZ:BOTW, Sonic Mania, DBFZ, SouthParkTFBW; MtG-Modern
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

X Slayer007 X
5 months ago#49
I tried to fight the Lynel again around that same area with some pretty powerful swords and some elixirs to boost attack. I didn't even take 1/8 of his health. I am pretty bad at combat at this game, save for hack and slash, so that's probably a huge issue

Datuna
5 months ago#50
Poeple, please skip these Lynels for a while. For a LONG while.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Breath of the Wild