You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Magic the Gathering

User Info: Ellimist

Ellimist
5 months ago#101
yeah, I'm not a fan of 2HG generally, but I'll try it with this set.

This set basically looks like "Commander Masters" with all these sweet reprints and new multiplayer centric cards

Ellimist
5 months ago#102
Been playing Arena, jamming Hour of Devastation drafts. I had 2 or 3 lackluster ones, then a 7-0!!
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
5 months ago#103
Holy s*** I should really download my beta key if it isn’t expired... Arena is a lot like standard now right?
NP | GoW(2018), LoZ:BOTW, Sonic Mania, DBFZ, SouthParkTFBW; MtG-Modern
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

Ellimist
5 months ago#104
It'll have the complete card pool sometime next month I believe. Right now it's missing the Kaladesh block.

Every weekend there are draft events. 750 gems or 5000 gold. You draft against bots, keep all the cards you pick, then play best of 1 matches until you win 7 or lose 3. The more you win, the more gems you earn. 6 wins is enough to make more gems than you spent. You're guaranteed 1-5 extra packs as well.

Ellimist
5 months ago#105
Great Arena changes coming up:

Kaladesh getting introduced on the 7th
Everyone will start with most of the set in their collection - 2 each of every common and uncommon, as well as all the chase rares/mythics.
Drafts will be all week long (YEAH) and which set they are will rotate week to week
Some changes with the timer that are friendlier to combo decks

I've got at least 1 PPTQ this weekend, 2 if the 1st one doesn't go well. I'll post my list for the standard one tomorrow once the PT Is under way, since I have a friend playing in it and I'm using his list. I promised I wouldn't post it on the internet lol.

RyuVegas
5 months ago#106
So... I hear y’all like Goblin Chainwhirlers on your Chainwhirlers so I got you some Chainwhirlers:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptdom/top-8-decklists-2018-06-02
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

Ellimist
5 months ago#107
28 Copies in the top 8. Can you imagine if ruins/ferocidon hadn't gotten banned?

I went to a sealed PPTQ today, started out 2-0 into 2-2, then scooped to a friend with better tie breakers round 5.

Same friend and I are going to Plattsburgh tomorrow for another one though. Standard this time, I'm bringing back U/W God-Pharoah's Gift.

Ellimist
5 months ago#108
Holy s*** I'm getting wrecked.

Ellimist
5 months ago#109
Regional Pro Tour Qualifier this weekend...wish me luck.

RyuVegas
5 months ago#110
Good luck! What format? Still standard?
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Magic the Gathering