You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
11 months ago#31
Getting to battle 20 is pretty good because the Tree is a lot harder than the Maison...I find myself reading up a lot on battling and strategies (I browse Smogon a lot....in some ways it's a good guideline because they seem so scientific over there, but on the other hand, none of my strategies seem like my own so it messes up the experience, though I try to tweak my teams a little bit), but I don't usually take it that far...I'll do Battle Spot for a while then take a break...I'd love for battle spot to have 6 v 6 battles (the removal of triple battles stings because that was the closest you can get) , but I don't think that will happen.

Yeah it's pretty satisfying to beat a team of 6 legendaries on unranked battles because the people challenging you don't have any concept of strategy lol
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

X Slayer007 X
11 months ago#32
Poke Pelago is still awesome....just remembered you can level up whoever you want passively and in less than a day, they gain quite a bit...I'm definitely using this to evolve Pokemon that are too hard to find in SOS battles or not even found in the wild. Goal is to get 50% of the Alolan dex completed before I leave the third island. So far, I'm at about 39% but with some Pelago work and using GTS to farm version exclusives, that should bring me up. I'm around Route 16 in the main game.
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

User Info: JehutyNinja

JehutyNinja
11 months ago#33
f***ing Walmart canceled my order the other day, they had refurbished Galaxy 3DS XLs, like 7 when I ordered mine. I get the email yesterday that my money was refunded and my order canceled. What a bunch of dickbags.

Hmm, we're fresh out of 3DSs around here. f***!

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
11 months ago#34
https://www.estarland.com/platforms/Nintendo3DS/117?category=HW

Just go here. I've always had good business with them.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: JehutyNinja

JehutyNinja
11 months ago#35
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
https://www.estarland.com/platforms/Nintendo3DS/117?category=HW

Just go here. I've always had good business with them.

Sweet! Thank you, sir! Even though they're used, I'd much rather have a Hyrule edition, f***in awesome.

X Slayer007 X
11 months ago#36
Finally started messing with the Battle Agency...it's interesting because it allows me to try Pokemon I never use...my selection of teammates is pretty limited though so I think I need to keep talking to people in the festival. Some of the move choices are awkward though - there are some that don't have any direct attacks so you could be screwed if the opponent has Taunt while others have some diversity in their list, but 1 or 2 moves could be considered redundant. Then there are straight up weird combos like a physical Gengar (who uses that anymore?) and common sweepers without any STAB moves.

I don't know why people hated the Festival feature in general, but I'll try to check it out with more of an open mind. It's not as user-friendly as the PSS system, but that can't be the only reason people hated it.

X Slayer007 X
10 months ago#37
I think I hit a wall on Battle Agency...only at Grade 9 but given the pokemon made available, there was no way I'd beat that fat kid that runs the Festival Plaza....nothing to counter electric types

X Slayer007 X
10 months ago#38
Meanwhile, back to the main game, I finally went through Po Town...still one of the most interesting places in all the series. Reminds me of a mix between Misery Mire from LTTP and Kaim's old house from Lost Odyssey...but the feeling of creepiness and decadence is unique here. That being said, my team is way overlevelled despite playing a good chunk of the game without Exp Share....because I spent so much time catching pokemon in SoS battles, I got a lot of extra experience...EVeryone is high 40's now. I wish Team Skull actually evolved their pokemon to make things more challenging....who uses level 35 Rattatas, Spinaraks, and zubats, right??

X Slayer007 X
10 months ago#39
Up to Grade 10 in Battle Agency...just need to win another series to get to 11, but now it's getting tough. I can't find anyone above 10 but I was able to get a level 60 Latios and a level 57 Snorlax

Had a level 59 Exploud that carried me well but that VIP greyed out....not sure how else to scout level 10+ players other than page people, make them VIPs, and how that they have a good level.

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
10 months ago#40
I'm Rank 21 and wouldn't mind adding you. We can just trade or something to ensure we get registered. I haven't had much luck registering other players not on at the same time as me since the update.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon