You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon
I need to put more time into Surfing, I only tried it once. Right now though, just passively monitoring my gains in Pelago and doing some Ribbon hunting for mons I transfered over. Still haven't done the postgame quest though.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#12
the surfing is pretty fun once you get the hang of it

Here is my team so far:

Litten
Rockruff (dusk)
Grubbin
Stufful
Popplio
Sandygast

The last 3 I acquired early from GTSing and breeding so they could my trainer ID. At this point I may put on exp share to bring the rest of the team up, but once they are there, I will turn it off..
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#13
The trials do a good job keeping me on my feet...there's nothing extreme going on, but the totem uses strategies that are congruent with the allies they summon. This was the case in Sun/Moon, but the water and fire have had a number of surprises if you were expecting a similar fight to S/M - namely Araquanid (sp?) as the water totem and Marowak as the fire totem...Marowak even summons Salazzles.

my team is mid to low 20's now...Litten evolved, Grubbin evolved, and rockruff evolved. Will hold off on Popplio for a few more levels.

for being the early game bug, Grubbin has a great movepool that it learns early enough. Sandygast, Popplio, and Stufful are coming along pretty well now.
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#14
I can now get low 30,000's in mantine surfing..getting those high scores is easier and easier. Bought some vitamins with all the BP I earned.
Currently raising my Festival Plaza and Battle Agency ranks at the same time. 27 for Plaza and 5 for Agency.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#16
Nice, found a female salandit on my first wild encounter....In Sun, it took at least 10 tries...

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#17
Ha! The Lurantis totem battle was a really long fight. I just spammed revives and super potions until he ran out of moves and struggled. The comfey he summoned kept healing and giving him defense boosts so that made things tedious.

User Info: SandOtter

SandOtter
1 year ago#18
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/pokemon-crystal-coming-to-nintendo-eshop-on-nintendo-3ds-on-jan-26

Crystal is coming to the eShop next month. Glad I waited on Silver.
"The problem with certain shy timid girls is you can't just take them to a bar and f***'m. You gotta put up their Christmas lights first." ~ jukester

X Slayer007 X
11 months ago#19
Blistered Otter posted...
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/pokemon-crystal-coming-to-nintendo-eshop-on-nintendo-3ds-on-jan-26

Crystal is coming to the eShop next month. Glad I waited on Silver.

I think a few people saw this coming. Loved Gen II (which is why HGSS was so well regarded) but I remember trying to play it after the GBA games were released and it was slower than continental drift. Don't remember if Crystal was any faster though.

X Slayer007 X
11 months ago#20
SOS battles can be such a time drainer. Tried to catch a Starmie but after 25 different staryu's summoned, I finally gave up. I like the concept but just wish it wasn't so grindy.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon