You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#1
Finally got this a few days ago, well, Ultra Sun that is. I had gotten the original Sun last year so Ultra Moon would've been more appropriate, but Ultra Sun had some exclusive legendaries that I wanted more. The list is counterpart to what was available only in Alpha Sapphire (which is what I have).

I'll probably be the only person on this board (PTA do you still post here??) who gets this game but seeing as how this is the last 3DS Pokemon game, I figure it will be fun to go through and talk about here.
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

User Info: SandOtter

SandOtter
1 year ago#2
I'll be interested to read your thoughts as you play through. I *might* pick one up eventually but probably not until next summer at the earliest.

Good to know about exclusive legendaries. I have Sun and Omega Ruby, so I'll get Ultra Moon, if any.
"The problem with certain shy timid girls is you can't just take them to a bar and f***'m. You gotta put up their Christmas lights first." ~ jukester

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#3
I was a bit disappointed about no new Alolan forms, but let's see how this goes.

First hour was a bit painful because of all the cutscenes and handholding but now that I've made it past the first town, maybe things will speed up. Picked Litten as my starter.
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!
AV sent me a PM so here I am!

Actually, to be truthful, I realised over the past few days that I hadn't posted here in FOREVER. Not just here though, I haven't really been active on a bunch of old hangouts in so long, I wondered if I should go back to them.

I got the games at launch but I haven't even finished US yet. In the post game about to tackle RR but more interested in finding and abusing those high level Chansey/Blissey SOS battles to power level honestly.

I got all the legends in Gen 6 so don't care about that, more interested in the increased Shiny encounter rate playing Ultra Warp Ride honestly.

Not sure how far you guys are so placing spoiler tags. I liked how fast it was to get a starter in USUM is. Compared to SM anyway. There's a bunch of small changes through the plot that don't seem like much, but they all add up. All I'll say is, the boss battles are legit hard. I had some EV trained mons I bred and still got one shotted at times. And the new final boss......don't even underestimate it.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#5
Good to see you PTA! I browsed a bit of the US/UM board over the last few weeks/months and enjoyed reading your posts and opinions on a lot of the threads I looked through. I may have read too much about this game to avoid any spoilers, but it's been a long time since I did the main story of Sun that I probably would've forgotten a lot of the minor points, let alone many things new in these games.

User Info: AdmiralViscen

AdmiralViscen
1 year ago#6
<3 PTA
{aB} http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=admiralviscen
{aB} https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCydpSmheFHyx23tNws90I7A

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
1 year ago#7
I gave up on Pokémon after White and HeartGold...

But Ultra Sun and Moon look fun. I like the idea of Team Rainbow Rocket. That really jives my jimmies. Kinda Hated X & Y... never thought about Alpha Saphire or Omega Ruby thought that was my most played gen, hands down once good ol Hoenn...

But yea Ultra Sun and Moon looks super fun.
NP|SouthPark the Fractured But Whole and whatever I randomly feel like
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#8
B/W and HG/SS were among the best IMO. HG/SS remastered Gen II, which really transformed the series to a new stage but was limited in hardware at the time. HG/SS fixed all that, added numerous Kanto-exclusive legendary Pokemon, had an interesting voltorb switch game, and arguably had the best "contest" (the pokeathon things) in the entire series even today. BW2 is superior to BW but this generation in general had some of the best new pokemon...usually 5-6 from each new game are pretty appealing at first sight, but these games had like 20+ that fit the bill. Plus it also had the best story (which took a nose dive in Gen 6 and has continued..)

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#9
Beat the first trial....I'm imposing a few handicaps on myself....no experience share, not being able to switch before the opponent's next pokemon comes out, delayed evolution...as a result even the first trial was a bit challenging.

Team so far is rockruff (dusk form), litten, and grubbin

X Slayer007 X
1 year ago#10
my team is painfully underlevelled and not well balanced, but I am in the process of egg breeding the remaining members of my team so I get them much earlier.

Mantine surfing is really fun...did it 6-7 times and didn't want to stop.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon