'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. 'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog
I really liked the look of this game. And it's fun. Will never play again, played on easy as well.
Totally fine to play this before the other two games.

(I think BioShock 2 is the best of the bunch actually)
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh
Encourage you to see this game through to the end. I LOVE the beginning, but get bored during the middle. The ending is fine.

Interesting first thoughts; I'd be interested in hearing more and if you'd walk any of them back after playing further into the game.
Play my freeware game Overrwyrld; a Zelda-inspired puzzle adventure where nothing is random!
https://stayingsquareinma.wordpress.com/games/

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
1 month ago#103
So with the last few purchases I’ve made over the holiday season I’ve now seen all the games shift, as I have to make space on my HDD for them, to just being a list of all loaded up games I genuinely want to play. Why is that significant? Because when I first bought my PS4 it was pretty much for Bloodborne and InFamous Second Son And... that’s it. Really f*** all else until the remasters and HD collections started coming out with games I wanted that I didn’t play from the past genereration and yea. The games all loaded on my HDD are all games I truly genuinely want to play: no PS+ fluff anymore.

Which was coincidental as my PS+ just lapsed and until I NEED it for online play I probably won’t get it back to purchase some games while off PS+ to own them permanently; So far Guacemelee is one as it has 4-player co-op on PS4(WiiU only features 2). I only ever payed for PS+ for the extra discounts, that’s the reason that keeps my mind justified in spending money on it(every one has their own) and right now I can afford the extra so I don’t need to penny pinch. I live by some, IIRC, Big Bear said about games: if I wouldn’t play “X Full Price” for it then why the hell would I play any discounted amount for it? If a game is good or great to play, it’s price is a willing entry point, no matter what that price is, as long as the game proves itself to be good. If you get it on sale then it’s just all bonus and upside for a game you already desired. A lowered price doesn’t turn a bad game magically acceptable or fun to play.

So I need to list all I have. Maybe I’ll just link my backloggery in my sig from now on and get it FULLY updated. It still doesn’t know I own a PS4 lol. So yea gotta update that ad the PS4 is now my most played console ever.

I need a good racing game and good space sim game in my collection. Those genres are sorely lacking in my library. And XCOM. I just like need to buy all XCOM games to support those guys.

But backloggery, yea yea yea. I’ll get that updated.
NP|SouthPark the Fractured But Whole and whatever I randomly feel like
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon
(edited 1 month ago)

RyuVegas
1 month ago#104
BlueGunstarHero posted...
Encourage you to see this game through to the end. I LOVE the beginning, but get bored during the middle. The ending is fine.

Interesting first thoughts; I'd be interested in hearing more and if you'd walk any of them back after playing further into the game.

I’ll keep at it. Bioshock Infinite is one of the few games I was personal researching and into aside from everyone else’s fandom about it, as I’m not a System Shock fan or necessarily a Bioshock 1 fan truly(I do enjoy what I see in the atmosphere and environment, but it doesn’t floor me like Infinite’s premise does) so I desire playing Infinite much like I desired playing the last 3 games I couldn’t put down from start to finish that isn’t Bloodborne - Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Naruto Shippudden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3(this game is so f***ing good, Story Mode-wise) - so if it’s on that level of “I Desire to play this through to the end” for me I’ll definitely let you know if I walk back some of my thoughts.
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

User Info: Tithenion

Tithenion
1 month ago#105
Do you actually fully lose those PS+ games already "purchased" or just lose then until you start it back up?
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Tithenion?type=posted
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201
(edited 1 month ago)

RyuVegas
1 month ago#106
Just until you start back up. Your Cloud Saves are safe this way as well, which is cool.

Sony is just one of the best game companies. I’ve never had a bad experience wit them or my account related problems.

Tithenion
1 month ago#107
Well they did have the security breach, but as far as the way they do stuff yeah they're good with that. Wish Nintendo would learn from them with the account across all systems.
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

RyuVegas
1 month ago#108
Oh yea. That was a major issue but damn they’ve have recovered nicely from that issue. Plus I was anecdotally not effected as I always used PSN cards so I have a bias of love for Sony. Plus their customer service always helped me, even when I thought the situation at hand was hopeless for me: they still helped. So yay Sony.

Just bought The Surge: Complete Edition. From what everyone tells me it is basically sci-fi Bloodborne with dismemberment as a form of weapon and item level up. I’m excited. Especially as it was in Digitally foundry’s Top 7 Most Technically Impressive Video Games.
(edited 1 month ago)

Tithenion
1 month ago#109
Yeah I saw that in a list of top Souls games that aren't Souls. Looked pretty cool.
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

RyuVegas
1 month ago#110
Just bought Doom: Classic Complete, Which omg if my GF wasn’t using my PS3 for music I would so be playing it right now. But it cool. Got plenty to tide me over on PS4 until I can play the most perfect console port available of the Classic Doom Games. Also got Flower For relaxing. As predicted the graphics are tops on it. I wonder if it has a 4K mode... that would be something for switching off Performance Mode and going more for Quality on a PS4 Pro.

The Surge
This game starts off hella slow. Like omg I didn’t know what I was doing with myself half the time for a while there just futzing around. But it is a Souls-Like game, and it opens itself up like one as you play. Starting off very restrictive as it literally projects the controls and functions on the walls as you walk around to opening up the area pretty quickly and fighting cannon fodder enemies. This is where things get fun: if you play this like Bloodborne or Souls you’ll fail as this is robots and they have armor on different aspects of their body. Which translates to choosing Arms, legs, Chest, or Head to systematically dismantle them. Which just aside from this actually amounting to anything is hella fun to execute. It uses the right stick to make the targeting, and with SoulsBorne combat buttons on R1 & R2 this just means it’s fun to combat. Maybe it’ll get tiring...? But it has satisfying feedback when you land hits, it feels like each attack progresses to something meaningful and even though it’s a SoulsBorne clone through and through right down to a red message popping up on screen basically saying “you died” in different words and it has the same stamina, health using like Estus and the Medical Bays act as “bonfire reset” functions every time you use one while changing stats, and this limb selection mechanic that reminds me off Fallout really sets it apart and changes the pace of this gameplay. And I’m digging every second of it.

Plus it is a very pretty game to look at.

Oh and the story is basically Elysium with Matt Damon as your PC gets installed with an exoskeleton like right off the bat. And pretty brutally for some reason. Then boom; dropped into gameplay. So... dunno how much I am paying attention to the story but the exoskeleton this game bases its progression mechanics on is pretty badass.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. 'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.