'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. 'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog

User Info: AdmiralViscen

AdmiralViscen
1 month ago#171
Holla at me
{aB} http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=admiralviscen
{aB} https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCydpSmheFHyx23tNws90I7A

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
1 month ago#172
Personal pride note: I’m not being extra schizophrenic with my game playing lately! Woohoo! Every game I’m playing is consistently a game I’m playing in my sig. That honestly has never happened to me. I usually play other games as well than stick with the ones I actually say I’m playing.

Damn it’s nice to see gaming is a strong as ever and basically firing on all cylinders. In hindsight god damn the PS3/360 generation was so bland and dominated by shooters and shooter-game-mechanics I didn’t realize how bad it was until I was out I of it. And it’s good to be out of that drab wasteland(see what I did there? Because everything was trying to be a grey/brown apocalyptic wasteland back then?! Ah I ruined it by explaining it lol).
NP | GoW(2018), LoZ:BOTW, Sonic Mania, DBFZ, SouthParkTFBW; MtG-Modern
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon
(edited 1 month ago)
I mean that's a pretty big oversimplification. The PS3/360 generation also mainstreamed digital distribution and gave rise to an indie boom with notable diversification in genres, color palettes, budgets, and business models.

Saying the 7th gen was dominated by FPS/3PS is about as relevant as saying the 4th gen was dominated by 2D platformers. It's reflective of the cultural landscape, but not exclusively so, and even for the games that do fit that loose mold, it doesn't account for diversity beyond their base operational structure (ie, Halo is not Borderlands is not Dishonored is not Portal) or reflect a game's individual quality or competency.

With that said, I agree I'm encountering more big games I really enjoy playing this generation than the last.
Play my freeware game Overrwyrld; a Zelda-inspired puzzle adventure where nothing is random!
https://stayingsquareinma.wordpress.com/games/

AdmiralViscen
1 month ago#174
That gen ruled

RyuVegas
1 month ago#175
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Omfg, from Dusk to Casa Bonita is one of the best DLC add-ons for a game I’ve ever experienced. It’s self-contained and creates you into a new class, so it’s separate from the main game, but since characters and other SP things are here that are not referenced explicitly in the main game then when you unlock them and finish missions you get the accessible “across all future and past save files of the game.” That’s pretty f***ing awesome. Already have Henrietta, the goth girl, as one of my new buddies. She smokes as her attacks. It’s amazing.

And I will upload with a video of this. You fight the vamp kids as actual vampire enemies. It has that “we’re having fun here” conselor guy hosting the party at Casa Bonita for the shenanigans that are going on.

I know it’s because I’m deep into South Park but these 2 games, Stick of Truth too, have been just some of the most amazing experiences for authentic licensed IP games. And a trophy on their own that will definitely stand the test of time.
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon

RyuVegas
1 month ago#176
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Went for the keys by checking a guide on where to find all the Cortex faces in Crash Bandicoot 1. This was A LOT harder than I expected, but helped me understand the game better and jumps better and where secrets might be lying in the game.

Conveniently this game tells me I’m 64% Complete, with only 4 gems, no colored gems, and no relics. So that’s cool that it tracks me. Incentivizes me to come back and actually try those challenges by showing me how close to complete I am.

Edit: holy s*** trying to get all the boxes in any given level to get a gem is dauntingly and crushingly hard and obtuse to obtain in some cases, probably many cases. I dunno if I actually will try to 100% it with that stringent a requirement. Just on Sunset Vista to get the key I thought I had got them all but still missed six.

And also: Oh god I don’t think I’m ready for this game’s finally final boss.
(edited 1 month ago)

RyuVegas
4 weeks ago#177
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Crash Bandicoot 1... at 68% and only 3 official levels not beat as they are the secret end game unlockable levels... I consider this game “Finished” now, similar to the completionist’s scale. I don’t think I’m going to torture myself anymore on the insane difficulty of this game. Like hell I'm gonna go for that 100%.

Crash 2 and 3 await. As well as the games in my sig, like South Park.

RyuVegas
4 weeks ago#178
South Park and the Fractured But Whole

So... the From Dusk to Casa Bonita DLC says a recomended strength/might of 500... and with my equipment I’m like 222-242 at most, so I’m like more than half lower in power than the enemy fodder level’s essentially and... even though I’m struggling a little I can somehow still manage. Already got 3 major vamp kids fights done.

I’m sure it’s just the normal combat difficulty being lenient too.

AdmiralViscen
3 weeks ago#179
My friend is playing that

RyuVegas
2 weeks ago#180
Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD Final Mix
Got up to Agrabah, where the KH story really starts to ramp up into its own with the villains plotting the things they are plotting. This is just a bump for the topic. Will break down the gameplay, because damn the 60fps remaster really highlights some glaring arbitrary “video game logic” from the early PS2 era that I’d really like to rant about and get out of my mind but I’m at work and can’t do this now. But damn the RPG in KH is so fun. Half the time Goofy and Donald do all my work for me. And with a Goofy and Aladdin I make so much God damn Munny it’s raining orbs lol.
NP | GoW(2018), KH1.5HDFM, SouthParkTFBW, LoZ:BOTW, Sonic Mania, DBFZ
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. 'Hey Ryu, Y'know there exist other games out there than Bloodborne, right?' Blog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.