Battle of the Backlog II - Perpetual Infinity 5 2/3

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Battle of the Backlog II - Perpetual Infinity 5 2/3

User Info: Tithenion

Tithenion
9 months ago#31
Big Bear is back posted...
Yeah, by previous Zelda experience you want to throw bombs at these statues. Unlimited ones at that! But no...

I wonder if these bomb arrows I got could be shot at the eye. I recall Link using explosive arrows on one of the big moving ones in that first clip we saw of the game. Don't want to waste what few I have just yet though.

Also yes, Wii U. So I don't think I want my wife to mess around on it because I hear if you do new game at all you're f***ed.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Tithenion?type=posted
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

Tithenion
9 months ago#32
Do Amiibos make things too easy with what you get or is it more cosmetic? I'm not at that point yet but was wondering since I have a few that would work.
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

Tithenion
9 months ago#33
Breath of the Wild

Found the little Korok guy on top of the roof here.

Failed attempt at climbing the cliff side on the other side of the gap. Was doing well and probably could have made it but pressed the wrong button.

Found the more clearly defined foot holds on the other side of the cliff. Doh!

Another simple shrine. I imagine they will get more difficult outside of the opening area. Interesting mechanic here. Could be lots of fun.

Tried going higher but it's too cold. Old man said to check the forest for stuff to use in the recipe and that was my next place to look anyway.

Accidentally found a Korok when I jumped off into the pool near the start. Got the opal there too.

For a Forest of Spirits there seem to be few things of a spiritual nature unless you count your stalfos which are everywhere. Maybe I'm missing something. Tried to climb to the top of this tall tower and came just short. I imagine with a stamina boost I can.

Ran into this rock boss. Tried fighting him but I think I either need to be really lucky or use bomb arrows. I tried one but the damage is not enough to take him out with just what I have.

My first attempt at doing the recipe back at his hut didn't work out but I tried again just now in the woods with him and got it! I guess it's off to the cold area since there is no sign of a shrine over here and the boss seems beyond me.
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201
(edited 9 months ago)

Tithenion
9 months ago#34
breath of the Wild

Explored what I feel to be the whole mountain area, minus the mysterious raft in the River of the Dead. Finished the shrine long before I was done exploring lol. Looks like the intersection of the shrines is at The Temple of Time so I'm heading there.

I chose to improve my stamina as I figure it will help me get to more places easier. And now of course the old man wants me to climb up there quickly lol. Oh a ladder.

I had a feeling he was the king so not super surprised there. Now I guess I can go basically wherever I want at this point barring certain things I may get to help.

First went to the dragon tent which turns out to be a horse ranch or something but I can't get a horse. Then went in the direction I'm supposed to go. Fought my first Moblin rather cheaply with bombs. Then explored around there until I found the Bosh Kala shrine. Couldn't figure out how to get the one chest in there though. I'm sure it's something to do with the wind.

Made my way to the tower near the Dueling Peaks. I see a shrine up there and there's also one bordering the northern part of this area. Torn between exploring here and continuing the directed path. So many places to go...
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201

Tithenion
9 months ago#35
Breath of the Wild

On my way to the other shrine I saw in this area I got caught out in the middle of a fight with a blood moon coming out. Barely made it out by hightailing it out of there toward the tall platform with the ladder. Not sure if it serves a purpose though.

This shrine had another chest that I can't seem to get, this one being underwater. Already saw one such chest back in the River.

Got to the next shrine just through the Dueling Peaks and was able to get the chests in there. Also got hold of my first horse(es) here so that's cool. Would have been a long run to Kakariko otherwise. Glad I came this way so now I can explore a lot faster.

Upgraded my weapon and bow inventory. Wish I could ha e used the rest of my seeds there but I guess I will have to find him again. I also sold all my ore after somebody mentioned I should. Will probably save stuff that shows up more rarely since I imagine there is probably some use other than selling, like armor or something. Speaking of ore, I noticed some sparkly blackish purple/blue (was playing on the tablet at this point and the color feels washed out) and I don't seem to be able to do anything with them. Bombing just completely destroyed one such example. Must be a pickaxe somewhere or something.

One other note. I seem to get lots of frame rate drops when there is a lot of tall grass. I heard there were still some such issues in the Switch version but each game suffered in different areas. What are the hang ups on that end?
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201
(edited 9 months ago)
Tithenion posted...
Now I guess I can go basically wherever I want at this point

welcome to the start of the game!Tithenion posted...
Torn between exploring here and continuing the directed path.

I took the longest detour, just because of exploration fun (and I really wanted to activate more towers) before heading to the first goal beyond leaving the Great Plateau.
Tithenion posted...
I also sold all my ore after somebody mentioned I should.

I don't want to spoil stuff, but DON'T. There's plenty of uses. Sure, sell some if you need money and you have a nice stash.
Tithenion posted...
Bombing just completely destroyed one such example

Quite a bit I could tell you, but want you to figure out on youw own. In this case though, I want to spare you some frustration. The next thing totally isn't a spoiler, just tells you what's up with bombing these: it's the preferred method. You can strike them with weapons (bigger, two-handed things break them in less hits) but it all counts towards eventuelly breaking your weapons, so I usually bomb them. They always contain at least one ore of whatever kind (some are rarer than others). Problem with bombing is, that the ore flies off in random directions. Never far, but if you bomb such a rock near a cliff your precious Topaz or whatever might drop down a distance. Might not be worth your climb down and back up. Hitting the rocks with a weapon just makes the ore drop in that spot. Tithenion posted...
One other note. I seem to get lots of frame rate drops when there is a lot of tall grass. I heard there were still some such issues in the Switch version but each game suffered in different areas. What are the hang ups on that end?

Framerate on the Switch isn't awesome, so slight drops aren't even that noticable in my experience. I do however, occasionally (like once every few hours) experience a half-second freeze when stuff gets too hectic.
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh
As for horses, I honestly hardly ever use them because I don't travel from A to B, I explore all over the place.
And if I need to travel to a previously visited area, I will fast-travel anyway, gets you close enough most of the time.

Every stable will have a shrine very close by, so if needed you can fast-travel to one and then continue whatever leg of your journey remains by horse.
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh
I totally favored stamina upgrades initially.

How do you feel about healing / loss of health in this game?
I think it's really nice that grass/bushes don't drop rupees or hearts when cut. Certain monsters may drop food items, but you're much more dependant on what you gather yourself (and, preferrably, cook). You need to make an effort to keep your health up, I like that.

Tithenion
9 months ago#39
Big Bear is back posted...
I don't want to spoil stuff, but DON'T. There's plenty of uses. Sure, sell some if you need money and you have a nice stash.

Noted. What I sold wasn't a ton (maybe 20 Amber and that seems more than plentiful) and only one was something I don't see much of, though I suspect it was those deposits I saw. Which I also read so it appears it just blew off into the river. >_<

As for the tools like the hammer and axe, I'm assuming they do break and just have huge amounts of durability? I've swapped out my axe once or twice when I ran across another but it's never been in danger of breaking because I use it nearly exclusively as a tool.

As for health, I really like this system. In many games where you can stock up on stat boosting items I tend to hoard and save them for harder areas and then have this huge stockpile at the end of the game. I'm constantly reminding myself that it will be easy to gather ingredients and cook new stuff. I do wonder if it would have been better to not be able to stop the action during a battle to heal up from your entire inventory and instead utilize a quick item feature.

I have enough spirit orbs, at least if the amount remains four, to go upgrade again, so I think I may do one health and then another couple stamina boosts for the following ones.
3DS FC - 4742-6213-3201
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: AdmiralViscen

AdmiralViscen
9 months ago#40
You need a LOT of gems if you wanna max everything. Amber is pretty common and only used on one or two pieces of armor iirc. But you need like 60 sapphires in total. Luminous stones seem common but you need a TON for one armor set.
{aB} http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=admiralviscen
{aB} https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCydpSmheFHyx23tNws90I7A
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda Games *Social*
  3. Battle of the Backlog II - Perpetual Infinity 5 2/3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.