• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. unable to use gamepad with lost alpha win 10
horace 5 months ago#1
Have tried joy2key, antimicro and xpadder-none work. Last played lost alpha in August 2019 with windows 7. Gamepad mapping worked fine then using any of the apps mentioned prior. No steam on either setup.Upgraded to win10 and now no joy. Any suggestions please? Is there perhaps a modded game file that allows gamepad use? Have noticed that call of pripyat is doing the same thing now with win 10. It makes both essentially unplayable for me. I'm fully conversant with the entire keyboard is better debate but I've been gaming for 38 years (completely non stop) and want whats best for me as a geriatric gamer.

Theres one config app I haven't tried-pinaccle gamemapper-this was always the suggested app for stalker but its an ancient app and asking me to restart my system for it to install makes me nervous.If none of the others work why would this one?

I'm proper chuffed off.I've been gaming with mouselook and a configured gamepad for wsad for years now with older games. Why can't I do this with lost alpha and win 10? It's quite a recent mod theres no way I'm the only one with this problem.I'd ask the devs but hasn't this been discontinued now? I am disconsolate and fear I may combust with sadness.

Have tried running in win 7 compatibility mode just to see if it makes any difference but it doesn't.
On a brighter note have installed anomaly and that works fine with mapping apps. Problem is although it looks nice it feels a bit too fiddly for my needs. Lost Alpha with gamepad for wsad is all I crave. Any help would be appreciated. If I'd have known win10 would be an issue for controllers I wouldn't have upgraded both pc's.

I also hate that controllers mean more than one thing in this game. Still at least theres no npc's called 'gamepad'. This game has been a vexation from the day it was released. Took a week off work to play it when first came out years ago only to find it kept crashing at military base. Patch shipped day my leave ended and had to return to work. It's cursed. Yet I find myself keep being drawn back into it's weird web.

1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. unable to use gamepad with lost alpha win 10
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A