• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. S**T overrated series in the end.
TimmyP777 2 years ago#1
My god. SoC has the be the single worst aged game in history. Man how did I think this was good?
7etoAtreides 2 years ago#2
I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series still holds up.

There are dozens of graphics and gameplay overhaul mods out there. They obviously can't turn it into a current generation game, but they give SoC a welcome face lift.

I still get chill down my spine while exploring the labs or the zone at night, something no other game has given me since. I love the slow progression from wearing no armor and surviving with a double barreled shotgun to finally reaching the Chernobyl plant with an armored suit, the best artefacts and top tier weapons.

The Metro games provide a somewhat similar atmosphere, but the gameplay is completely linear and more cinematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSacJZJR1U
(edited 2 years ago)
The_Admiral 2 years ago#3
TimmyP777 posted...
SoC has the be the single worst aged game in history.

Quite the opposite, thanks to mods, this game has aged better than almost any other.

Try playing with the Autumn Aurora mod before crapping on how this game plays.
Nukazie 2 years ago#4
just started playing this and i like it so far
Life is just a journey from the maternity ward to the crematorium.
https://imgur.com/a/LEjr0RZ waifu courtesy of bnui_ransder
Khaltzane 1 year ago#5
TimmyP777 posted...
My god. SoC has the be the single worst aged game in history. Man how did I think this was good?

Not everything has to have super HD graphics to be great. The atmosphere is always what had made the Stalker games so good. I can think of plenty of games that've aged worse anyway. Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption easily beats this
STG Deathbot 1 year ago#6
It's a janky series riddled with bugs and game-breaking glitches, yet it's still in my top 10 list of all-time favorite games and I've been gaming for almost 30 years now. Call of Chernobyl will probably get me to reinstall this series again in anticipation for the upcoming sequel - S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
iemerg_ 11 months ago#7
TimmyP777 posted...

The OG stalker for its time was amazing... and now with mods and anomaly the game imo is better than Escape from Tarkov or Skyrim, it's one of the most immersive single player experiences.
7700K@5.2 - 3070 - EVGA 750 - 32GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX -1TB SAMSUNG NVME
(edited 11 months ago)
iemerg_ 11 months ago#8
STG Deathbot posted...
Call of Chernobyl

Bro just play Anomaly, its great.
7700K@5.2 - 3070 - EVGA 750 - 32GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX -1TB SAMSUNG NVME
Dafttar 4 months ago#9
TimmyP777 posted...

"Get out of here, Stalker!"
whql 3 months ago#10
It is funny how people can have different opinions. When I'm playing Stalker I feel like no modern game could hold up to it. Not even Fallout 4 can compete with Stalker, lets say OGSR mod with some 3 or 4 mods that are necessary, like HD textures, models and let's say a better flashlight texture with more range.

I personally also modded some trader files and I have personally turned off super bullet (use_aim_bullet = 0) in all weapon files with notepad ++, search in files function, so no super damage or accuracy with no spread in first bullet, except snipers.

I also have tweaked all guns values such as rate of fire, bullet speed and effective range to real life values. It just made the gunfights extremely quick and deadly, which is more fitting than bullet sponge and non-accurate guns.

https://imgur.com/a/SitrNiY
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. S**T overrated series in the end.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A