The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. Disabled gamer needs help with making game easier

User Info: CelicetheGreat

CelicetheGreat
8 years ago#1
I recently showed this game to my brother after I played and finished it for the first time. He really seems interested in it, but he's disabled. I got it worked out where he can use a console controller to play the game, but the game's difficulty will really kill his experience and maybe turn him away from the game. Especially since he can't really work the controller very well--he can barely use it, but still, he can.

What I'm looking for are a couple of edits or mods which will make his game play a lot easier than the novice setting. Lowering the amount of damage he takes would probably help, but aiming aid is what I'm really looking for. I doubt an auto-aim mod has been done, but surely it can't be too hard to let him shoot outside of ironsights mode without any penalty to accuracy? My brother has a hard time moving, aiming, and shooting all at the same time because he can't move his fingers as easily as the rest of us. I took a look on google but I didn't see anything that could help him...

Does anyone here have any ideas? I think the difficulty and aiming are going to be the only parts that will stop him from playing, because he can't respond in time like the rest of us players can. I want to find a way to give him a better handicap so that he can at least respond fast enough for him.

Easier aiming will be the biggest concern I think. Maybe lowering the enemy health too if we can't make him take less damage... even I am a little surprised by the fact that dogs can take like twenty rounds of ammo to the body and not die right-out. We know to aim for the head, but my brother just doesn't have that sort of dexterity.
Have frequented FESS, FEPlanet, and Serenes Forest.

User Info: Dominion_Pye

Dominion_Pye
8 years ago#2
Aiming easier? Try the Weapon Mod for complete 2009. Makes guns more accurate and deadly, but that also works for the enemies too. Other than that, trainers can give you infinite health.
Smoking leaves you breathless=I are make you eat less. Subliminal messages FTW!

User Info: RandmBoredGamer

RandmBoredGamer
8 years ago#3
I don't actually know if this will work perfectly, since I only have the files and not the game, but it's worth a shot.

Open up the folder
Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\weapons
And fool with stuff using notepad. Change stuff like min_radius and max_radius (to change the distances AI will shoot at you from?), bump up the mag sizes a bit, fire_distance (how far the bullet goes), and I think fire_dispersion_base is recoil. I'd avoid playing with the damage done because I'm 99% sure that applies to enemies too. You could slow down the game by lowering it, though.

Similarly, you can go to
Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\creatures
and play around with stuff like Health, eye_fov and eye_range for seeing you, maybe the fire params like "disp_walk_stand" are accuracy, and so on. There are multiple enemies in each file (like m_bandit.ltx has bandits and their commander as seperate people) so make sure you get them all.

And as an added bonus, if you can get him to stick with a weapon like the rapid fire AK or if he finds a set of upgraded armor, open config\misc\unique_items.ltx and add a line changing a variable. For example, you could add a line break after the section titled [wpn_ak74_m1]:wpn_ak74 ; and write hit_power = 0.40, 0.45, 0.50, 0.55 (from .32, .36, .39, .42) to buff the damage for his own guns only. You might be able to find a way to spawn the custom guns.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/540331-stalker-shadow-of-chernobyl/47841511
^you might try this. No experience with it though.

And here's an easy one. I have to imagine fooling with the inventory is hell with a controller. Removing the inventory micromanagement sounds like a good idea.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/540331-stalker-shadow-of-chernobyl/47921873

I think that covers every thing. Ways to lower damage taken, increase damage, remove spread (I think), lower health, and slow down the game in general. It's a heck of a lot of work, that's modding. Good luck if you decide to use this.
Happiness is a side dish of french fries. -Charles Schulz

User Info: OnoSendai58

OnoSendai58
8 years ago#4
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/stalkershadowofchernobyl/mod/14349.html# That is a link to the Faiakes Mod. It enables you to make the game a LOT easier, (the creator suggests using it only in Master difficulty, otherwise the game becomes too easy). I have sympathy for your brother, (not pity, huge difference). I badly broke my right wrist and couldn`t afford rehab, so I have to use a Logitech gamepad plus Xpadder and I still have trouble with this game. But I understand how he feels. You WANT to play this game because of the whole world/atmosphere it creates, but dying all the time takes you out of it bigtime. I hope this helps, and the best to both of you. Speaking as a brother, you`re a damned fine one, sir.
...and ye shall be as Gods.

User Info: OnoSendai58

OnoSendai58
8 years ago#5
OnoSendai58 posted...
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/stalkershadowofchernobyl/mod/14349.html# That is a link to the Faiakes Mod. It enables you to make the game a LOT easier, (the creator suggests using it only in Master difficulty, otherwise the game becomes too easy). I have sympathy for your brother, (not pity, huge difference). I badly broke my right wrist and couldn`t afford rehab, so I have to use a Logitech gamepad plus Xpadder and I still have trouble with this game. But I understand how he feels. You WANT to play this game because of the whole world/atmosphere it creates, but dying all the time takes you out of it bigtime. I hope this helps, and the best to both of you. Speaking as a brother, you`re a damned fine one, sir.

(Or madam. Sorry.) Also, trainres are a huge help. I`m using one called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trainer by CALIBER. It`s for patch ver.1.0005, which is what you should have. It`s terribly easy to use, just start the game, then alt+tab back to your desktop and run the program. Enable num lock-first!, (it doesn`t make this clear), then just enter the cheats you want, unlimited ammo, non-degrading armor, 100,000 rubles, (buy a stalker suit and best weapons at the first trader!), even unlimited life if you just want to get through the damn game one time, lol!
...and ye shall be as Gods.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. Disabled gamer needs help with making game easier
  • Topic Archived