• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. How rough is 2009 complete on system reqs?

User Info: Timbo418

Timbo418
8 years ago#1
Does the mod improve performance, or cost extra for the better looks? I was thinking of buying SoC, but my rig is a little dated. Any input is welcome.
They are going to try and add way to much RPG to appease the fans hunger. - NuramaTheBD on how Mass Effect 3 will be horrible

User Info: EnviroBdamned

EnviroBdamned
8 years ago#2
Better graphics will = bigger load on system.
don't know how dated your system is but you could get the game, slap the 1.0005 patch the realistic weapons mod run it on the lowest settings, and probably still have fun...
Wow that was more intense than that one time i forgot how to sit down...

User Info: thepwnis

thepwnis
8 years ago#3
:/ you don't have to play complete 2009... Vanilla stalker is fun as hell...
I play: Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands and Counter-Strike: Source.
PSN: Clash360 Steam: 1337Revolver Gamespy: ClashBL

User Info: angryfodder

angryfodder
8 years ago#4
I looked at the mod, but I read some info on it, and it does hit the system requirements pretty hard (which is understandable, looking at what it does to the game - graphics are massively enhanced)

what card you running? IIRC the review said that with a ATI 4850, they were getting like 15 FPS with the mod!

User Info: angryfodder

angryfodder
8 years ago#5
ok, I fail, it wasn't the ATI, it was the Geforce 280gtx

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,684645/Stalker-Complete-2009-Excellent-modded-graphics-for-Shadow-of-Chernobyl-Update-New-screenshots/Practice/

But I don't know - they say that is with forced AA as well - this game doesn't have AA options as standard.

User Info: EnviroBdamned

EnviroBdamned
8 years ago#6
I play it with a GTX 260 216* at 720p with V-sync locked (i despise V-tearing) so i get from 60 to 40 to 30 fps when things get really crazy.
everything on max except object details and shadow quality, both of these at 75%, basically the recommended settings in the complete 2009 read me file.

i think a hd 4870 1gb would probably fair even better.
Wow that was more intense than that one time i forgot how to sit down...
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. How rough is 2009 complete on system reqs?
  • Topic Archived