• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. How do I edit what Sidrovich, or any trader, sells?

User Info: InTeNsItYoFfIrE

InTeNsItYoFfIrE
13 years ago#1
I'm playing OL 2.1.1 and Arsenal Mod and Sidrovich has a lot of weapons for sale, but no ammunition for them. He doesn't even have the 5.45mm ammo I need for my AK-74u :(

What file do I edit, and how do I edit it, to give him 5.45mm ammo for him to sell?
"People are so hell bent on looking clever these days they think everything is stupid." - Sigmund_Strife

User Info: blackheart_2578

blackheart_2578
13 years ago#2
C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\gamedata\config\misc\trade_trader.ltx

Find the line [supplies_start]
Go down to ;AMMUNITION
and add under this>

ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 5, 1

This means, he will sell 5 boxes of ammo with a 100% chance that he will sell it.

And add it to this line as well

Find the line [supplies_after_fabric]
Go down to ;AMMUNITION
and add under this>
ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 5, 1

For him to sell it to you, you will need to change the price as well.

Find the line [trader_start_sell]
And go down to ;AMMUNITION and make sure the following is as below>
ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 1, 6

and

[trader_after_fabric_sell]
ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 1, 6

If you have trouble understanding, let me know.

blackheart_2578
13 years ago#3
When you get the hang of editing the trader files, you can make them sell EVERYTHING from artefacts to unique weapons and if you want to be cheap, you can anything for dirt cheap prices like an RPG for 1 ruble.

InTeNsItYoFfIrE
13 years ago#4
Weird, it says under AMMUNITION in the trader_trader.ltx

[supplies_start]
;AMMUNITION
ammo_9x18_fmj = 5, 1
ammo_9x18_pmm = 5, 1
ammo_9x19_pbp = 5, 1
ammo_9x19_fmj = 5, 1
ammo_12x70_buck = 5, 1
ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 5, 1

But I see none of those in his menu when I click "Trade."

Could the amount fo guns he's carrying for sale be pushing the ammo off to the side of the screen? But that doesn't make sense, because I can see and purchase the 9x18 FMJ and PB rounds he has.

The only ones I can't see are both 9x19's the 12x70 buck, and the 5.45mm ammo.
"People are so hell bent on looking clever these days they think everything is stupid." - Sigmund_Strife

InTeNsItYoFfIrE
13 years ago#5
Nevermind, I figured it out, I'm going to go see if it works now.

InTeNsItYoFfIrE
13 years ago#6
Triple post, but it's working now, thank you.

blackheart_2578
13 years ago#7
Cool. Basically anything under [supplies_start] is stuff he has for sale right at the beginning of the game. Anything under [supplies_after_fabric] is stuff he sells after a while. But you have to make sure that the price is set under [trader_start_sell] and [trader_after_fabric_sell] otherwise you might crash cos the game has no price set for items.

blackheart_2578
13 years ago#8
Talking about the arsenal mod, I feel like a kid in a candy store, there's a crap load of new weapons. I'm running it with OL 2.1, sniper elite pro and FCAR, but I can't seem to merge VI-NPC Invul as it's not compatible with the Arsenal mod.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  3. How do I edit what Sidrovich, or any trader, sells?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A