• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. How has this game gotten so expensive?

User Info: Sapientia

Sapientia
8 months ago#1
It's not exactly at Shantae-levels of bad - on eBay, you can find it selling for only slightly more than what a new game from this generation would cost. But that's still a little ridiculous.

This is something I've noticed happening to a lot of GameCube games; their prices are going up because Nintendo hasn't rereleased them like they did games from their other consoles...but Skies of Arcadia is the worst I've seen so far. Even Shantae had that 3DS release, so the only people going after the cartridge are probably zealous collectors. (Or they want the Tinkerbat dance.)
Think like a proton: always positive.
Also, never take anything I say TOO seriously. It's just a game site, after all.

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
8 months ago#2
1. It rules
2. It's actually not obscure in the slightest like people want you to believe
3. No digital rerelease and only about 220k physical copies of the Legends version
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
8 months ago#3
All I know is I'm so I glad I got this when it came out.
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

User Info: Galcian

Galcian
8 months ago#4
supply and demand + it is a quality game

User Info: Sapientia

Sapientia
8 months ago#5
HylianFox posted...
All I know is I'm so I glad I got this when it came out.

I wish I could've done the same, but at the time, I wasn't even close to being able to select and buy my own games, and I didn't even know about Skies of Arcadia until I saw a YouTube playthrough of it...and by that point, its value had already risen pretty close to what it is now.

I still managed to buy a copy, played it through, and loved it (though I did come across an irritating bug that kept me from earning the "Legend" rank), but then, being a college student, I ran low on funds and had to sell some of my most valuable possessions to get by...and of course, this game was one of them.

Now that I found a job, though, I'm going to buy another copy for keeps once I'm sure I have enough money saved up to stay afloat.
Think like a proton: always positive.
Also, never take anything I say TOO seriously. It's just a game site, after all.

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
8 months ago#6
My mom and I saw a preview for the game in NP and decided to give it a shot
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

User Info: TheStatic

TheStatic
8 months ago#7
I rented it from Blockbuster, then bought it "brand new" (last copy, meaning it was open and had a price tag on it) from Gamestop.
Reckoner
You can't take it with yer

User Info: paulisdabomb

paulisdabomb
8 months ago#8
Two years ago I was lucky to find the disc and booklet for sale without the case, for only €35. Couple of months back I actually found an original case for €5, so I got that just to complete it :')

There aren't many copies at all and it's a fantastic game, but I've seen people ask and bid over €100 for it over here. I'd like to think there isn't any game I'd pay that much for.

User Info: vicil

vicil
8 months ago#9
Nintendo sits on the license, but they don't sell the game anymore. Maybe you can find a lending link.
The mini pizzas / My favourite dish, any time / Share one? Tough request.

User Info: BowserWowser

BowserWowser
7 months ago#10
i always get a little salty thinking about the time i owned the game. lol. i remember my high school friend had this game and he sold it to me for 20 dollars (everything included) I beat the game and then months later he wanted to buy it from me for 30. I thought since I was getting a 10 dollar profit that it was a good deal. lol
its da bowser wowser bomb yall
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3376/bwbomb.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. How has this game gotten so expensive?
  • Post New Message