• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. (Hypothetical) Skies of Arcadia Sequel: Returning Characters?

User Info: Greenhowse

Greenhowse
7 years ago#1
---Spoilers, just to be sure!---

If there were a Skies of Arcadia sequel, which characters would you like to return? Playable or otherwise?

Besides the Three Musketeers Vyse, Aika, and Fina, the ones that immediately jump to mind include Enrique, Drachma, Gilder, and even Piastol. Supposedly she turned a new leaf at the end of the game? It may be possible for her. Or even more Zivilyn Bane bandits...

I just hit Ixa'Taka , so it will be harder for me to judge until I beat the game or at least get close to the end, but sometime soon I'm going to introduce my thoughts on this subject.

Feel free to discuss anything spoiler-y.
Proud recipient of the 2nd Gary Player Award!
Posting from a glasshouse in the sky. Will Megaman for 8.95

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#2
You shouldn't be even aware of Gilder and Enrique yet, but whatever...

I'd love a prequel where you play as Daccat way more than a sequel. He'll be mentioned in a little while from where you're at. He also supposedly had two female companions like Vyse.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

Greenhowse
7 years ago#3
I know a ton of spoilers...=\ Didn't expect to ever play the game at one point, so I went nuts on the spoilers. It's been a while though.

Besides, this isn't a question that's easy to answer without spoilers because some characters in this game die. So I was just like...why not.

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
7 years ago#4
The problem is that there's only two ways to make an interesting sequel: Set it far into the future where the world would be different enough to justify exploring it again, or set it way in the past, in the age of the old civilizations. And both of those make it impossible to encounter any of the characters from this game.
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: KryptoPyro13

KryptoPyro13
7 years ago#5
Actually, not that many plot-related characters die. >_>
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Iwata: "Betrayal that makes the fans happy!"

Greenhowse
7 years ago#6
No one in the party dies, alongside Vyse's parents, but most all of the antagonists do in addition to Belleza, if I remember correctly.

The notion of the necessity to set a sequel in a world markedly different (as in, not in Arcadia, or in future Arcadia or Arcadia in the past) than the one already present is an interesting one. A huge part of the concept of Skies was the exploring undiscovered worlds. It's a bit sad to not think of seeing Vyse and co. again, but that's an idea I have a hard time disagreeing with.

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
7 years ago#7
Exactly the point. The entire point of the game is exploring the world to find new lands and discoveries. Problem is, you already DID that with Vyse and his crew. There's nothing left to see in Arcadia, which would make a sequel anywhere in Vyse's lifetime incredibly dull.

This is why a new game would have to take place in the Old World or very far in the future. Those are the only two ways to give us a fresh world to explore, and it'd actually be kinda interesting. We could see the escalating war between the old nations and the creation of the Gigas, or we could see a more technologically advanced world and see how the prevalence of better technology could bring back the dangers of the Gigas and Soltis.
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. (Hypothetical) Skies of Arcadia Sequel: Returning Characters?
  • Topic Archived