• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Why is there no sequel?

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
8 years ago#1
To this day I could still play this RPG and enjoy it. I don't understand why they never made another like it.

User Info: MetallicaJKL

MetallicaJKL
8 years ago#2
well in this life there are 2 kinds of people, those who love SoA and want a sequel. And those who love SoA and don't want a sequel. I'd love to see a sequel, but after waiting so long i have such high hopes that i don't know if it would live up to expectations. don't get me wrong. i'd gladly take it anyway, but i understand those who don't want the magic of the first to be tarnished. And there is absolutely no reason a new port or remake hasn't been done yet. Whatever they're gonna do they need to do somethin! :P
I see your schwartz is as big as mine..*looks down*..now lets see how well you HANDLE it.-Dark Helmet Buy Skies of Arcadia Legends on GC!

User Info: DKACyclone

DKACyclone
8 years ago#3
I agree exactly, the first was almost perfect and any sequel would have to have a well thought out storyline (how many modern games even have a storyline), great characters with lots of development (again do modern games even have development) and would have to explain what has happened since number one, because the world was pretty well explored and all but a hand full of mysteries were solved, there doesn't seem to be much more that can be done

I would rather no sequel than a cheap attempt at a sequel, but I would love a good sequel over anything :P

User Info: thoul

thoul
8 years ago#4
It's a Sega game. They've gotten horrible about making sequels to their RPGs since the end of the Genesis.
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/

User Info: Muffins_And_Pie

Muffins_And_Pie
8 years ago#5
They'd probably make it like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and put it as a portable exclusive anyways. What they should do is make up an original game that surpasses this. That would be amazing.
---
---

DKACyclone
8 years ago#6
Muffins_And_Pie posted...
What they should do is make up an original game that surpasses this

I would LOVE to see anyone come up with a game that can SURPASS this game, except maybe equalling it with better graphics and graphical armour changes, besides that I doubt it is possible

Muffins_And_Pie
8 years ago#7
What would you guys think of a second remake then?
---
---

User Info: MetallicaJKL

MetallicaJKL
8 years ago#8
I'd love it. I don't see negatives aspects to having a second remake.
I see your schwartz is as big as mine..*looks down*..now lets see how well you HANDLE it.-Dark Helmet Buy Skies of Arcadia Legends on GC!

Muffins_And_Pie
8 years ago#9
Yeah, I'd probably buy it.
---
---

DKACyclone
8 years ago#10
MetallicaJKL posted...
I'd love it. I don't see negatives aspects to having a second remake.

If they improved the things that they "supposedly" removed from the Gamecube version, IIRC there was a problem with the sound or something, then a remake would be great.

An enhanced version with new items and things to find (like Legends was to the Original)
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Why is there no sequel?
  • Topic Archived