• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Shishio07

Shishio07
9 years ago#1
Im sure this topic has come up before, but I didnt feel like searching through the 87 pages to find out. So does anyone know if there will ever be a sequel to this amazing game. I mean the legends update was pretty sweet, but who else wants a legitimate sequel to one of the best RPGs Ive ever played.

User Info: eggman_38

eggman_38
9 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: eggman_38

eggman_38
9 years ago#3
The characters made an appearance in Valkyria Chronicles, but there's been no news of a sequel. Or rather, no official news.

User Info: Simon33333

Simon33333
9 years ago#4
i wouldnt expect it to happen now.
Piehead.

User Info: thoul

thoul
9 years ago#5
Every year, a new rumor pops up that the sequel will appear at the next Tokyo Game Show. So far, it never has.

User Info: ShmittlesThePoe

ShmittlesThePoe
9 years ago#6
I don't want a sequel; that universe is as close to rpg perfection as I'll probably ever see, and I don't want anyone screwing it up like Bamco did to Tales of Symphonia.

If they were to make a completely different "skies" world (i.e. different universe) with its own places and characters, I'd totally be up for that, in fact that's what I want from Sega more than anything else.
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos

User Info: Final_Cataclsym

Final_Cataclsym
9 years ago#7
As for a spiritual successor, there is Nostalgia for the DS. It's the closest thing you'll find to SoAL IMO.
If you don't think it's obvious Haruhi likes Kyon, you're dense enough to be a male harem protagonist.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ECA7F18CAAEACDEF

User Info: Master_Banatine

Master_Banatine
9 years ago#8
I agree that any continuation of the story would be bad. there were no major loose ends and the whole story wraps up happily and completely.

However a remake that included a bigger plot (i mean bigger than a paragraph) regarding the black moon? and the 6 civilisations before the rains of destruction? and other non-essentials like full voice acting and next-gen graphics? If we could get that, i would buy it now, even if it wasn't coming for years
No. of first time posts: 1 I Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 4124-1495-1517 Name: Ramirez
I HAVE FURY! No. of times I have had fury so far: 1

User Info: Kyubi_Nick

Kyubi_Nick
9 years ago#9
To my understanding, years ago there was a sequel in the works that got canned. On a side note, this is probably as close as you'll ever get to one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=537506&topic=42114928

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=537506&topic=43596669

Brainbomber is still amazing in my book.
Quote of the day - "And if God made a video game console, Skies of Arcadia 2 would be out on the release date."

User Info: BigL87

BigL87
9 years ago#10
you know i think they can't do a sequel because the ending was too complete, but a prequel would be pretty cool. Maybe you play as Vyse's father and you run into a young Drakma or maybe even further back to when they had that ancient war. I would buy that if they did it correctly.
  • Topic Archived