• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. If there was a sequel...

User Info: Vyse_skies

Vyse_skies
9 years ago#21
You saw Vyse and Aika's story as over!!!!! They're only 17 years old. Taking on Galcian and Ramirez was just the start of their long and expansive life full of mystic, treasure and adventure. I'd love to see Vyse and Aika come back.

If a prequel then either Daccat or Dyne.
Currently Playing : Suikoden V, Symphony of the Night

User Info: eggman_38

eggman_38
9 years ago#22
You saw Vyse and Aika's story as over!!!!! They're only 17 years old. Taking on Galcian and Ramirez was just the start of their long and expansive life full of mystic, treasure and adventure. I'd love to see Vyse and Aika come back.

The problem being, of course, that they've already mapped out the entire world. You'd lose a crucial element of the travel and adventure because you'd no longer be visiting new, uncharted lands.

Vyse_skies
9 years ago#23
Unless it was set in the future with an older Vyse and Aika where the world had changed over the years. Or they could do some stupid plot where they get sucked back in time back to when Daccat was still roaming the Skies. Daccat would then join their party.
Currently Playing : Suikoden V, Symphony of the Night

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
9 years ago#24
@eggman

Don't you remember what Vyse said in the end after Aika recapped on what they accomplshed which includes exploring the entire world as well as going around it?

He said, "Who said we needed a reason to travel?" or something to that degree...
If Jesus had nanomachines then they were obviously old generation ones. Vamp gets up in a few seconds, it took Jesus a whole three days.-grand_kaizer

eggman_38
9 years ago#25
@eggman

Don't you remember what Vyse said in the end after Aika recapped on what they accomplshed which includes exploring the entire world as well as going around it?

He said, "Who said we needed a reason to travel?" or something to that degree...

I don't see what that has to do with the missing gameplay element. Sure, nothing's stopping you from traveling the world after you've explored the whole thing, and you don't even need a sequel for that. But if you build a new storyline around a world that's already been fully explored, you're missing out on that element of exploration that was in the first game.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I imagine it's possible to make a fun game using familiar locations. However, I find that a large part of the fun of games is exploring a place you've never seen before (particularly when we're talking about RPGs).

Vyse_skies
9 years ago#26
I think it would be pretty cool to once again revisit those locations we first saw way back in 2000 on the DC or 2003 for those who got the Cube version.
Currently Playing : Suikoden V, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

eggman_38
9 years ago#27
I think it would be pretty cool to once again revisit those locations we first saw way back in 2000 on the DC or 2003 for those who got the Cube version.

I agree. The difficulty on the part of those making the sequel would be in pleasing both audiences. That is, the people who played the original AND the people new to the games. The locations would need to give a nostalgic feeling while at the same time, not boring those of us who've played the original.

One way I thought of that they might be able to solve this dilemma is to build the game around a sort of "revisit period" and then introduce a whole new setting. The problem here being that they'd have to be careful not to rush through the "revisit period" or else those new to the game might feel a bit put out.

They could also throw bits of the "revisit period" and the new settings sort of in-between each other. If done well, they could linger a bit on many of the old locations without boring the old crowd. The problem here is coming up with a simple storyline that doesn't border too far on the unbelievable side.

I guess I just like thinking about this stuff. In the end, though, if you want my opinion... I don't trust them to pull it off as a direct sequel. Then again, if they can't handle it this way, I don't think I'd trust them to write the sequel at all. It'd make me pretty nervous if there actually was any serious talk about making a sequel.

User Info: xXGranasabreXx

xXGranasabreXx
9 years ago#28
A lower encounter rate.
PSN: Knight_of_Dight

User Info: Hajime_Saito110

Hajime_Saito110
9 years ago#29
Well, there were many good gameplay ideas previously posted, I also read a post saying that it should be a prequel, that's not a bad idea. But how about a direct continuation or a spin-off, many potentially good characters (some crew members, and bounties like Lapen) lacked development and it would be cool to give them a prominent role. And if you noticed, the game's setting (as well as Vyse) are based on "Captain Harlock", a very popular manga created by Leiji Matsumoto. The sequel should have a team anti-heroic and bad-ass characters based on something equally popular like Lupin III or Ginga Senpu Braiger (search in wikipedia if you don't know them) but not losing the elements that made us, the fans, look up to the game o much ,and of course, not leaving Vyse and his friends behind.

User Info: Metagross_386

Metagross_386
9 years ago#30
I'm surprised that no one has wanted to know what happens to the red and green gigas. I mean, they are the only ones who weren't destroyed, merely called off/trapped in a ravine.
Will not change sig till the new Skies of Arcadia game comes out.
Can you feel the sunshine?
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. If there was a sequel...
  • Topic Archived