• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. What WOULD you want in a sequel, anyway?

User Info: Cyris_Winheim

Cyris_Winheim
9 years ago#1
Everyone and their mother wants another Skies game, but what would you expect from it, gameplay wise?
Not changing my signature until people stop making signatures about not changing their signatures until X happens.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
9 years ago#2
I'd want it to create the sense of adventure in the original, but ideally ironing out the issues of slow and tedious battles, random battles and relatively empty world map (more fish, ships and enemies flying around would make it seem more like a living world).

However we might need a change of direction if things aren't to turn into a stale, wannabe game;
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6474-Extra-Punctuation-On-Sequels

I wouldn't say this is as much of a danger in this game than some, but it is worth bearing in mind that it isn't always good to stay too close to the originals.
"The Dream of Zeal is alive." - In memory of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

User Info: Simon33333

Simon33333
9 years ago#3
cupil should get his own ship. And fly around the world inhaling things like kirby.

It should be available to buy lettuce from the item shop, which would increase your energy, and give you night vision. Like a rabbit.

And a rabbit special move where you chew up your opponent with your sharp teeth.

Homer: "Cobras! Aaaahhhhhh.."

User Info: ArcadianParadox

ArcadianParadox
9 years ago#4
Hm
Sequel:
1) Improve the battle system so that we're able to choose our position on the field. Would enable setting up multi-enemy hits from attacks like Alpha Storm and Electrulen.

2) Explanation on the Black Moon Stone (I think EVERYONE wants this)

3) Moar Cupil

4) More information about the death of the Purple Civilization.

5) See which girl Vyse got to first.

There's more but I'm too lazy.

Prequel:

1) Daccat's Adventures

2) Quetya's Adventures

3) Rise and Fall of the Purple Civilization

4) Gigas War.

5) Dark Rift Formation

6) Black Moon

7) Expansion upon Ancient Civilizations

8) More ancient technology. (Because for some reason, their tech was way better than the current age Arcadia's tech. *looks at Gigas and Soltis*)

9) MOAR CUPIL

And much much more :]
I play way too much Skies...^_^

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
9 years ago#5
Ancient civilisations having better technology makes sense seeing as the world had to start from scratch and hasn't got back to that level yet.
"The Dream of Zeal is alive." - In memory of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

Cyris_Winheim
9 years ago#6
Woah, ArcadianParadox, my design for Darkmoon Legacy hits all five of those things on the head!

1) Improve the battle system so that we're able to choose our position on the field. Would enable setting up multi-enemy hits from attacks like Alpha Storm and Electrulen.
While selecting an action for your character, you will be able to move around in a set radius from your starting point, kind of like (for lack of a better example) Quest 64.

2) Explanation on the Black Moon Stone (I think EVERYONE wants this)
I used this as the hook for writing the story for Darkmoon Legacy. There actually is a Black Moon, and the civilization under this moon are the main villains of the game. You also get to use Black Moon magic!

3) Moar Cupil
Fina makes an appearance late in Darkmoon Legacy, along with Cupil. Cupil comes into play during the Bonus Dungeon.

4) More information about the death of the Purple Civilization.
Two Purple Mages are unfrozen from suspended animation early on. One of them joins your party.

5) See which girl Vyse got to first.
This is actually a major plot twist revealed around the same time you meet Fina. I am sure that neither Vyse/Aika nor Vyse/Fina shippers will be disappointed with the answer!
Not changing my signature until people stop making signatures about not changing their signatures until X happens.

User Info: 7Nitro7Blazer7

7Nitro7Blazer7
9 years ago#7
This is actually a major plot twist revealed around the same time you meet Fina. I am sure that neither Vyse/Aika nor Vyse/Fina shippers will be disappointed with the answer!

What about Aika / Fina shippers D=
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7

Cyris_Winheim
9 years ago#8
What about Aika / Fina shippers D=
Actually, they won't be disappointed either, by proxy. It makes sense in context.

User Info: ShmittlesThePoe

ShmittlesThePoe
9 years ago#9
A world of the same caliber.
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos

Cyris_Winheim
9 years ago#10
You did see my maps of the new Arcadia and Deep Sky, correct?
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. What WOULD you want in a sequel, anyway?
  • Topic Archived