• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Logical Progression for the Series: Sequel or Prequel? (possible spoilers)

User Info: Hylian_Pirate

Hylian_Pirate
11 years ago#21
Sorry, gamevixen, but Gonzales's Island just sounds too good to pass up!

In all seriousness though, anything Skies related sparks my interest, so long as it isn't fan fiction. I'm no homophobe, but if I see one more story about Vyse being gay with Ramirez I'm gonna kill someone... but I digress.

Skies of Pyria sounds interesting. Is it a text RP, a plot writeup, or an actual freeware game? I really would like to take a look at it.
Zelda is the only Nintendo character to have been both a ninja (Sheik) and a pirate (Tetra). She is infinitely more win than most people know how to handle...

User Info: gamevixxen

gamevixxen
11 years ago#22

Hylian_Pirate posted...
Sorry, gamevixen, but Gonzales's Island just sounds too good to pass up!

In all seriousness though, anything Skies related sparks my interest, so long as it isn't fan fiction. I'm no homophobe, but if I see one more story about Vyse being gay with Ramirez I'm gonna kill someone... but I digress.

Skies of Pyria sounds interesting. Is it a text RP, a plot writeup, or an actual freeware game? I really would like to take a look at it.
---
Zelda is the only Nintendo character to have been both a ninja (Sheik) and a pirate (Tetra). She is infinitely more win than most people know how to handle...

Actually, it's more of a plot writeup though I do have asperations of doing a flash movie about this when we're done, breaking it up in episodes. To actually build a game of this magnitude would be pretty ambitious so I won't say I'd do the whole game development thing. But it's something I seriously would like to do for fun if I only had the time.

Just to note, we're still working on the game on the fly and it's far from being complete. Not even close. You can say that w'ere still very much stuck at the beginning, believe it or not, so it's very much still a work in progress. That's why I don't mind if people just read the basic idea of the story and added some other ideas to it. Here's the link to the forum and click "Skies of Pyria" created by myself and ShmittlesthePoe, my partner in crime:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=2000079

User Info: Kid_commander

Kid_commander
11 years ago#23
I'd personally go for a sequel or a prequel set only a few years earlier.
A huge part of the charm of the grand scale world was the idea that you're seeing a post-historic age. You're walking around look at the way the world was left after what happened before and trying to piece together what happened.
I really like that sense of an epic yet not directly stated history. Civilisations that came and went sort of deal.

User Info: zachofcourse

zachofcourse
11 years ago#24
I agree with that Hylian Pirate fellow. Exploration is key to Skies of Arcadia.

There is also the possibility of the formation of new islands due to "deep sky" volcanic activity, but it would be better to have a whole new planet to explore. Maybe even space exploration. Stars of Arcadia or something.

User Info: tsurugi_enma

tsurugi_enma
11 years ago#25
A prequel would be a nice idea, if they managed to fit the various cultures in there without having to sacrifice one in favor over the other. The logical step would be to have the "main" character be a Silvite, and have the various other party members be key people from the other civilizations as the world slowly approached the Rains of Destruction.

Hell, it could even be completely about the growing separation of the Blue Rogues and the Black Pirates. Maybe that they were linked closer together in the past, and over time the original leaders discovered that their ideals couldn't exist side by side.

But I'm just throwing stuff out there. A "Skies of...." series sounds intriguing, as well. The biggest problem I could see for that is people might get the impression that Sega would be stealing ideas from the "Tales of..." series.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Logical Progression for the Series: Sequel or Prequel? (possible spoilers)
  • Topic Archived