• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Logical Progression for the Series: Sequel or Prequel? (possible spoilers)

User Info: Cyris_Winheim

Cyris_Winheim
11 years ago#11
Yeah, there's a background story in Darkmoon Legacy where Daccat is directly involved. He was mentioned several times in Skies of Arcadia, but we were never given a clue as to what he even looked like.

User Info: DKACyclone

DKACyclone
11 years ago#12
1) the silver magic controls life and death so maybe thats how they remain immortal (but why have children if you will live forever)

2) isn't the Skull Shield pirate Daccat?

User Info: Cyris_Winheim

Cyris_Winheim
11 years ago#13

Possibly, but it was never stated directly in the game. We never got to see what Daccat was like when he was alive either.

User Info: Halo_Apollo

Halo_Apollo
11 years ago#14
or, for a prequel, the protaganist could be Vyse's father...,
that'd be cool....,
like, the story could be all the different people Vyse and crew meet up with...,
like drachma during his story before meeting vyse,
or, it could be a story about the first blue rogues......
personally, if they make any additions to this story, i will buy it and play it, and probably love it...
/P\hantasy/S\tar/O\nline: Episode I & II
\_/----------\_/----\_/

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
11 years ago#15
but why have children if you will live forever
To propagate the civilization and avoid stagnation.
Not to mention the Silvites were still people and probably had the natural urge to have children.

No one really knows.

or, for a prequel, the protaganist could be Vyse's father...,
that'd be cool....,

Yes, it would.
Battlestar Galactica won't be on until APRIL. How to deal? Why Dreamcast64! Classic gaming recommended by 8 out of 10 gamers!

User Info: Hylian_Pirate

Hylian_Pirate
11 years ago#16
Why does a sequel have to feature Vyse and crew? Why does it even have to be Skies of Arcadia? Most RPG series that I know of don't have a continuous story from one game to the next. Final Fantasy, Tales of..., Fire Emblem, Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest... The list could go on. Granted, there are a few games from each series set in the same universe, but they're mostly unrelated except for some key elements and names.

Does it have to be Skies of Arcadia 2? Does it have to be Skies of Arcadia: Episode I? Why not Skies of _____? Let's set it in a new land with a new evil empire and a new set of Air Pirates! Then we wouldn't be exploring the same world we've already covered every inch of.

Of course, that was just me being different. I wanna see a story about the Dark/Black Moon or a History of the World just as much as any of you do. But then again... maybe we could have a Skies of... series with everything ending in Arcadia being in the same universe?
Zelda is the only Nintendo character to have been both a ninja (Sheik) and a pirate (Tetra). She is infinitely more win than most people know how to handle...

DKACyclone
11 years ago#17
thats a fair point but there was so much left unanswered in SoA that a prequel or sequel is expected it may not be vyse, dyne or drachma but it needs to be set in the world to explain all the things left (or just leave them mysterious)

User Info: gamevixxen

gamevixxen
11 years ago#18

Hylian Pirate posted...
Why does a sequel have to feature Vyse and crew? Why does it even have to be Skies of Arcadia? Most RPG series that I know of don't have a continuous story from one game to the next. Final Fantasy, Tales of..., Fire Emblem, Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest... The list could go on. Granted, there are a few games from each series set in the same universe, but they're mostly unrelated except for some key elements and names.

Does it have to be Skies of Arcadia 2? Does it have to be Skies of Arcadia: Episode I? Why not Skies of _____? Let's set it in a new land with a new evil empire and a new set of Air Pirates! Then we wouldn't be exploring the same world we've already covered every inch of.

Of course, that was just me being different. I wanna see a story about the Dark/Black Moon or a History of the World just as much as any of you do. But then again... maybe we could have a Skies of... series with everything ending in Arcadia being in the same universe?
---
Zelda is the only Nintendo character to have been both a ninja (Sheik) and a pirate (Tetra). She is infinitely more win than most people know how to handle...

Exactly, this is actually a very good point. That's why I scratch my head when people say, well, "Where's Vyse, Fina and Aika?"..whenever people bring up ideas for a Skies game without these characters.

Well, what about them?

As you pointed out, there are tons of RPG's that don't have true sequals using the same characters from the first game. It almost never happens, so I don't see why the next Skies game has to be the grand exception.

I'm with you on this one. Personally, I 'd much rather have a brand new world, brand new game with new characters. A prequel is okay, but I really don't see the absolute need to go back into Arcadia's past just to create another Skies game.

I'm actually in the middle of making a story based on a brand new game called "Skies of Pyria" on GameFaqs. Interested?

User Info: Gooper Blooper

Gooper Blooper
11 years ago#19
Gonzales' Island

Simulate 20 years of island living in this thrilling adventure! Gather wood! Write in your journal! Fight those fish things! ALL IN REAL TIME!
Where there's smoke, they pinch back.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Octillery63

DKACyclone
11 years ago#20
i have to play that game, what console is it for, how many players is it, can you download it...
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  3. Logical Progression for the Series: Sequel or Prequel? (possible spoilers)
  • Topic Archived