INT boosting items/synth fodders?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. INT boosting items/synth fodders?

User Info: damn_you_dario

damn_you_dario
1 year ago#1
So with the release of SO3HD I've gotten myself back in this game again. This time around I decided to play with all the characters I never touched back in the day, like Peppita/Sophia/Adray/Mirage/etc

My question is, was there ever any item/synth fodder that you could use to increase INT?
Cause the damage is so pathetic compared to the rest of my characters who are using Orichalcon boosted weps at the moment, and those guys will get to use Boots of Prowess too later.

Is there anything similar for boosting INT?

EDIT:I found Dark Stones which are basically INT Orichalcons (+500INT)
Which is fine for now, but is there a Boots of Prowess equivalent for INT? Or at least something close like +20% INT or something?
Is it possible to reach 9999INT?

http://puu.sh/vdUax/176bce8cb2.jpg
My current weapon lol
The Scarlet King

User Info: Mad_Cartoonist

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#2
The ideal setup you're looking for is:
Adept staff with:
INT+1000 x4
+30% INT
+6% MP Regen x2
-3 Fury Cost

Acc: Fully refined Bangle of Intellect
Acc: <Any elemental rings, depending on your spells>

Bangle of Intellect gives up to +60% INT, but separated into x2 +30% INT when refined. Therefore, you'll want to synth only one factor, while wearing a fully refined one for +90% INT in total.

Ring of Mental Powers give 3% MP regen, refined into 6.

Ring of Animosity gives -1 Fury, refined into -3

Do note that this is exclusively for Sophia. Adray is better off with ATK-based setups, and his battle cast spells suck when compared to Sophia anyway. Because of this, also feed all INT berries you come across to her as well.

Finally, don't expect Sophia to suddenly turn into a powerhouse from this.
She does respectable damage at end-game with the setup, but ultimately, her main job is to keep your team safe with unlimited range crowd control / stunlocking, rather than outright DPS-ing stuffs.
President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub. Members: 38
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY PLOT ADVANCING LECTURE! GOT IT!?" - Noire

damn_you_dario
1 year ago#3
Gotcha, I was thinking of doing that for Sacred Ether but, it looks like it comes with a built in +1000ATK? Just why...
The Scarlet King

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#4
All of Sophia's post game weapons were... not thought through, to say the least. Not only Sacred Ether comes with ATK+1000, it's dropped by Freya.
Like seriously, Tri-Ace...

Pumpkin Wraith Rod also has fixed ATK+200, which also gimped her potential power.

As such, Adept Staff is her best weapon all round.
Might sound sad, but this comes with a perk, namely with the fact that Sophia is the ONLY person who you can start building her final weapon from near end game, and finish it by the time final dungeon rolls around.
Other characters can have Orichalcum weapons, but it will eventually get replaced with MoT and eventually Sphere211 weapons, whereas Sophia's weapon will never get outclassed once you finished creating them.

damn_you_dario
1 year ago#5
By the way, do Quick Symbol and 1/2 Cast Time stack? I want to cast Buffs/Heals as fast as possible
The Scarlet King

damn_you_dario
1 year ago#6
http://puu.sh/vjPlk/ef24413ab6.jpg

Finished her weapon, although Im only on Universe currently.
Im planning on getting as close to Full Active as possible before starting a 4D run, lol
The Scarlet King

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#7
damn_you_dario posted...
By the way, do Quick Symbol and 1/2 Cast Time stack? I want to cast Buffs/Heals as fast as possible

They stack, but I personally don't recommend giving it to her.

There are many reasons, but it comes down to preference.
My logic is that I prefer having her specialize as a support fighter that does nothing but spam Thunder Flare / Explosions all day. As such, I have no place for those skill and factor, because giving it to her will make her less specialize in what she does best.

However, if you STILL insist that you want to have her on buff / healing duties, I would suggest sacrificing one INT+1000. Damage is really not what you're going for with Sophia anyway, so gimping it down harms her performance the least.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. INT boosting items/synth fodders?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived