This was one of the hardest games I've played

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. This was one of the hardest games I've played

User Info: Moonroof

Moonroof
1 year ago#1
I beat this game many years ago, and I use the word beat loosely. I remember I would just Barely beat every single boss. Then I remember that bosses became normally-encountered enemies thereafter, and I would be like, "how the hell does anybody beat these games with such consistency?" Then I got to the final stage of the game where you fight some old lady and then another boss right after, etc. It was at that point that I realized that I went through the ENTIRE game without ever using a single one of my skill points. Which explains how little I understood about the game. But still, this game has SO much to do in it! You could probably spend over 200 hours in one playthrough alone.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#2
This game has too many items, I remember creating way too many types of healing items and stun bombs. It took forever and I think I quit creating them.

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 year ago#3
It would be hard (and slow/painful) to never use an attack skill indeed. I didn't figure how to learn/use magic in Final Fantasy 6 until after the halfway point of the game, if it makes you feel any better.

In SO3 I'm still pretty awful at timing all of the various optional break points on all of the skills.

As for items, yeah, there are too many. That said, they at least tend to be more useful than the mountains of items you can make in SO4, SO5, and other recent JRPGs where they give you piles of ingredients used to make...stuff that isn't useful. ...and even when the SO3 items aren't useful there's the simple joy of raising invention ranks/whatever.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#4
I remembered a time where I was downright afraid of fighting Lenneth and Freya. This was all the way back when I played the game the first time, 13 years ago. I eventually steeled myself to fight Galaxy Lenneth (And completely cheesed it thanks to the "Uber Fayt" setup). And just recently--a few months ago, to be exact--I defeated Freya.

4D Freya is just ridiculous. Screw getting the "Defeat Freya in 4D w/o taking damage" Battle Trophy (For the time being).
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time HD for the PS4...coming soon. Yes!

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 year ago#5
NeoRyujinZ posted...
4D Freya is just ridiculous. Screw getting the "Defeat Freya in 4D w/o taking damage" Battle Trophy (For the time being).

Well, you can cheese your way through that one as well with Maria in (rather disappointingly) easy fashion. I love that 4D Freya tears anyone who doesn't know how to exploit the 'movement' trick (even Uber Fayt) to shreds - I just wish the trick required more skill.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: TwistedDarkKane

TwistedDarkKane
1 year ago#6
I ain't playing this again ever.

I toke a beating that i don't even know how i got until the plot twist s***.

Unfortunately i couldn't even beat it once bcause my second disc got all strached up, and i don't even have them anymore anyway...

User Info: Mad_Cartoonist

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#7
I've played this game from main to end of post game 13 times, plus countless of other experimental runs I never really managed to finish.

In case it isn't clear, yes, I ****ing love this game.
President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub. Members: 38
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY PLOT ADVANCING LECTURE! GOT IT!?" - Noire

User Info: yoichiwada

yoichiwada
1 year ago#8
TwistedDarkKane; yes, YOU WILL play the video game again. The plot twist or not. HD version is coming and you have a lot to do after finishing main-game; even you haven't decided your waifu in the game yet.
You're kidding right? KOS-MOS alone is a DBZ style planet crusher and with Mary she could devour a solar system or two for breakfast. ~Grimsleeper1986

User Info: TwistedDarkKane

TwistedDarkKane
1 year ago#9
I only have a ps2, theres no way i will be able to play any HD version of any game without a new console.

And i didn't knew you could get a wife in there LOL
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. This was one of the hardest games I've played

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived