Berserk DEF Reduction

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: petle002

petle002
1 year ago#1
Does anyone know exactly how/when the Berserk DEF -30% factor is applied? Specifically, I'm wondering how it stacks in conjunction with other DEF +X% factors from equipment. Here are two of several possibilities that I see:

Assume 1000 base DEF and +90% DEF from equipment for each scenario.

1. It subtracts from the total DEF +X% you have accumulated - effectively cancelling out one of the BoP +DEF factors: 1000 * (1 + (.9 - .3)) = 1600.

2. It multiplies your total DEF after equipment boosts by .7: 1900 * .7 = 1330.

There are definitely other ways in which I could see it being applied, but these were the first two that came to mind. Any comments/experiences with Berserk are appreciated.

Thank you.

User Info: petle002

petle002
1 year ago#2
It looks to be something closer to #2. I took an Uber Fayt with 5007 DEF against EQ on Galaxy and I was taking a few hundred damage per hit with Berserk on. This means that Berserk alone took me from 5007 down to something well below 4000 (presumably about 3500).

User Info: Mad_Cartoonist

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#3
It would be the second case.

If it was the first case, then BERSERK wouldn't have been applied to the base DEF at all, and I really doubt the game is that kind.
President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub. Members: 38
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY PLOT ADVANCING LECTURE! GOT IT!?" - Noire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived