If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#21
Same here. tri-Ace shouldn't let the criticism SO5 received as a sign that they should give up on console SOs; there's room for improvement for SO6.

Star Ocean Anamnesis is fine, but it doesn't capture the full SO experience as the console/handheld SOs do. Gamers want to experience a full universe of treasures and dangers. I feel mobile RPGs lack this entirely. You just have missions that last only a few minutes, and you get all the loot. What SO players really want is to explore new worlds, along with fighting enemies and getting that good loot.

This is why most gamers are getting tired of seeing their favorite RPG series having smartphone releases. The smartphone games are just applications offering minutes-long gameplay to tide the time on the way to a field trip, work, etc.

They will never be a replacement for a console/handheld RPG that immerses gamers in a whole universe of interaction.
Disgaea 5 AND both Dragon Quest Heroes games for Nintendo Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) DAMN IT NINTENDO!!!

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
1 year ago#22
I actually think what they should do, since they don't have the budget they did for SO4, since microsoft isn't backing them is transition to handhelds (not phones NeoRyujinZ) and/or back to 2D. Granted that'd mean I probably wouldn't get to play said hypothetical game, but it's what makes the most sense to me.

A refined game in the vein of SO2 could at the least draw in the older fans who dropped the series at 3, and don't tell me the people who stayed with it the whole way wouldn't give it a go. Then there is the fact that handhelds are still big in Japan so they'd be guaranteed a large potential customer base at the least.

This is likely the goal of anamnesis, to tap into and gauge the interest of that market for this series.

People expectations are too high for this series generally, to say nothing of the people on this board who spent way too much time with these games. SO4 had an abnormally large budget for this series and don't forget our much loved SO3 is a director's cut and not the original iteration, which from what I've seen isn't nearly as good, and glitchy as hell.

Though in an ideal world it'd stay with consoles and stop screwing up what I liked in the first 3 games. I mean the PSP version of SO1, never played the original.

Hell I could even see 2D on consoles working out albeit not as well since some people just refuse to play 2D games, because of a severe case of brain dumb. Well done 2D isn't cheap but it's still cheaper to produce than high end 3D.

Money is likely the primary reason SO5 was so short and simple, though that doesn't excuse every dumb thing they did.
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#23
That's a good idea--go back to 2D. HD sprites are still a thing with games like the Disgaea series, and both Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. HD 2D on the 3DS might be close to impossible, but pretty soon the Nintendo Switch will be here anyway. That is, if Square Enix will even consider making games for the Switch, let alone a Star Ocean.
Disgaea 5 AND both Dragon Quest Heroes games for Nintendo Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) DAMN IT NINTENDO!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived