NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#1
Damn that Crystal Cerberus.

It's definitely at its a**holiest in 4D. Too bad Roger's Flying Torpedo -> Charge lock doesn't work against it. It freaking sucks you can't cheese it back, while it can cheese you whenever it wants to :/

But it's finally dead at last. One pain in the neck down, four more to go...
Currently playing Exist Archive: The Other Side Of The Sky.
It was well worth the wait. Best game I've played in 2016.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#2
You can cheese it like this.
https://archive.org/details/StarOcean3_4D_350
Watch part 21.

Cliff with Increase HP Damage on Short Major, Warrior's Bracelet and War God's Symbol/another Warrior's Bracelet
Boost him with Maria's Power Up, revive Maria if she's dead after stunning the boss first, use Cliff's Short Major to deal all the damage. The Tri-Spike can be AAA'd so it's easy haha :D

Reviving Maria is somewhat important for distraction, because of the difficulty in hitting the Crystal Cerberus before he gets to low HP and starts spamming Tri-Spike
Once Crystal Cerberus starts spamming Tri-Spike, you know you've already won the battle

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#3
Oh geez, if only I asked sooner. That strat could had saved me some time and grief.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#4
Bump

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#5
Bumpity bump

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#6
Finally Kaddan 1st visit is finished. Though it will suck that I might have to return to get one of those items that improve IC later (Once I get the Ring of Destruction).

Stone-causing Vendeeni Soldiers: Easier to handle compared to the Crystal Cerberus, since you could take advantage that some of their shots can phase right into the walls of that one corner of the battlefield. Roger got Stone-ed, Cliff died one time, and Maria died two times before they were all eradicated.

Schweimer: Blah blah Dragon Brigade soldier, blah blah fire breath kills people, blah blah. I'm getting sick of these guys.

Now we get to the good part of Disc 1: a good level up hotspot and the Barr Mountains. I got a feeling the boss I'm going to have the most trouble with in Barr, is gonna be Robin Wind. Universe RB just keeps spamming Thunder Flare; I hardly double that's going to change much here in 4D.

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
1 year ago#7
My hotspot is from parch to plenty, I just never get hit there and can maintain x3 exp indefinitely. Those dragons always paralyze me :( I also go as soon as I can instead of when I'm supposed to.
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#8
Forced_Fruition posted...
My hotspot is from parch to plenty, I just never get hit there and can maintain x3 exp indefinitely. Those dragons always paralyze me :( I also go as soon as I can instead of when I'm supposed to.

I usually make sure to get that one chest with the Amulet of Freedom in the Bequerel Mines before I reach the Barr Mountains. That way at least the party member I control equipped with it doesn't get paralyzed.

Anyway, I got most of Barr done and got both the Gutsy Bunny from Vanilla, and the Glowstone needed to make the Ring of Destruction.

The Blue Dragon Zombie was an absolute cakewalk with a certain you-know-who at level 30. Cough, **FlyingGuillotineAllDayEveryDay**, cough. Robin Wind, as expected, was as annoying as ever. I came to the fight with Cliff and Albel and the good old Fists of Fury lockdown strat.

Palm of Destruct-Palm of Destruct-Palm of Destruction! Man, that move is so fun to spam with Albel :D

Speaking of Albel, I decided to have him as my last optional party member. So it's Nel and Albel for this run. I thought I'd try giving Vampiric Flash a go, since someone said it is unparryable, and XRhinehartX mentioned it being great w/ status anomaly effects on your weapons. Plus, I've already had my fun w/ Roger and Peppita in my Universe run. I rarely used Albel throughout the 12 years I've played this game, to the point that I've forgot if I've already seen Double Slash of Fury (I probably haven't).

User Info: vicil

vicil
1 year ago#9
I abuse MP bombs at 4D
The mini pizzas / My favourite dish, any time / Share one? Tough request.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#10
MP bombs like Umai-bo and Durian are invaluable in the postgame, especially since a lot of Sphere 211 enemies have small MPs. It's difficult to even keep yourself stocked with MP damage bombs in Disc 1, though. Even at 4D.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived